PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: SMS Lag Fix!

anybody have the original rom files so that I could copy over. I'm using a rom that has this fix built into the rom, but I want to compare the difference in speeds if I have the count.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The original file is in the first post, it's just not an attachment. You can copy and paste that into notepad, save it as "thread_sms.htm" and replace what's in the windows folder. If it's mighty's rom then it's this fix that was used.

On a seperate note I hope someone else can continue what I was trying to do which was get count to update after typing was stopped. I no longer have my touch pro and I'm moving onto Android with the HTC Magic so I won't be post here anymore! Good luck guys!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:39 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Interesting, good job..

Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Heads up: The cab in the first post broke my SMS notification. Let me clarify; I still hear my sms ringtone, and I receive an icon in the taskbar, but no longer shows up in Mobile Shell 3 or S2U2.

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

c4400 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyonly View Post
Beware that this hides the scroll bar from everything in Windows, not just SMS. I'll try it out, 6.5 has no need for scroll bars anyways!
Removing vertical scroll bar didnt do anything other than be annoying in windows... restored. But now commented what you suggested in compose_sms.htm and removed count in thread_sms.htm, and we'll see.

What always screws me is using the hardware keyboard, that's when it completely flips out, freezes up, gets really slow, but the onscreen keyboard, there's no lag.. so.. I dunno. Why would the count affect the hardware keyboard but not the onscreen one?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Talking Re: SMS Lag Fix!

Several of the .CSS files have the Font name in them.

Like thread_style.css
Code:
body {
    margin: 0px;
    font-family: Tahoma;
    font-size: 8pt;
    color: menutext;
}
read_style.css
Code:
body {
    margin: 0px;
    font-family: Tahoma;
    font-size: 8pt;
    color: menutext;

border-bottom: 10px solid buttonface;
}
iframe_style.css
Code:
body
{
    margin-left: 5px !important;
    margin-right: 5px !important;
    margin-top: 0px !important;
    margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    font-family: Tahoma !important;
    font-size:  9pt !important;
    font-weight: normal !important;
    wrap-option: emergency;
}
compose_style.css
Code:
ComposeBody {
    font: 8pt Tahoma;
    margin-left: 5px;
    margin-right: 5px;
}

Just figured I'd throw my two-cents in for those of you wanting to change the font.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

Ok I'm using Mighty Rom 6.1
and I installed the cab, but its reverting back,,, after a few days I can see the count again.. And I have to reinstalled the cab. When Im reinstalling it ask me if I want to uninstall it first..
Anyone has this problem?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh

Another two-cents:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Inbox\Handlers]
    "ComposeBodyCount"="{c59db2e9-601c-423b-8bf3-352be01b89ba}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c59db2e9-601c-423b-8bf3-352be01b89ba}]
   @="HTMLNote Compose Body Count Handler"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c59db2e9-601c-423b-8bf3-352be01b89ba}\InProcServer32]
   @="htmlnote.dll"
   "ThreadingModel"="Free"
So, guess what. that dll is what does the actual count function. Maybe somebody can edit that dll, and make it count without the lag, one way or another.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Just a quick question, in thread_sms.htm, has anybody tried changing that limit=0 to maybe limit=160 to see if it would just not let you type over 160 characters? If so, you could even set it to 140 for the twitter folk... Please post your results.

EDIT: Ok, tested this out myself, and it does indeed limit my text message to 160 characters!!!! I can't type past 160 letters now... Excellent.... I guess this will have to do until somebody figures out how to get it to count without the lag. Somebody edit the htmlnote.dll file!!!!

EDIT2: I hope fr0st doesn't mind, but i just edited his cab with the 160 character limit, and attached to this thread. Enjoy!

EDIT3: Also attached a CAB to make the limit 140 characters just in case the twitter folk need it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SMS Lag Fix-160 Max.cab (1.3 KB, 88 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SMS Lag Fix-140 Max.cab (1.3 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lennysh; 08-12-2009 at 11:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

this is stones - wayyyyyyyyy better - I will take this over a letter count - I would rather have both - but wow - huge improvement - thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro