Thread: SMS Lag Fix!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
bradyonly
N00b
Threadstarter

bradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbradyonly is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS Lag Fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226 View Post
Quick queston.... If i install the sms160 cab then use the cab here to take off the count will I have to hard reset? and if I dont will my phone go crazy...
You won't have to reset anything, there shouldn't be any problem. In fact that sms160 cab I think just changes the counter to display 160 instead of 130 which my fix just removes all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximiliano View Post
I have the MightyRom6 with this fix incorporated and it kinda drives me nuts not having the counter. Unfortunately not all my friends have smartphones or iphones and I get the whole "dude stop sending truncated texts" gripe.

Here's a thought for a half-arsed workaround... can the composing font be changed to courier new? or at least a standard fixed width font? This way you can remember how many characters there are per row and just do the quick math.

I also use SMS to update my Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace status all in one shot so the character counter is extremely useful to me.

I looked into changing the font to Courier New and I just need to brush up on my xml a little I think. I tried changing the CSS to use font-family: Courier New; but that didn't seem to help at all. I'll keep playing around and let you know if I find anything.
This post has been thanked 1 times.