PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro 2

[quote=temperbad;954648]ya the magnetic stylus kicks asx on the tp1..... the tp2 diapoints me big time. Dont get me wrong if I had the choice I might get it,(if i didnt have either),, but I definantly aint buying a new phone that to me seems a little of a downgrade IMO. And To me its huge, i like how the tp1 fits in my pockets and hands. There is some Pluses and some Minuses to getting the tp2, But really, If ya got a tp1, why buy a tp2? In the end, its the same inside with a bigger tilting screen minus the flash and lose the magnetic stylus with have a older processer and lose the dpad (which i use alot, sometimes my fingers get sweaty and wont scroll right on the screen so I use the d pad.)

anyways, free upgrade sure, Paying for a new TP/2 when i basically have one already. NO WAY[/quote
You hit the nail with the hammer, why upgrade and spend a lot to get a newer version of the same thing?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

extensive is becoming a great contributor

im excited about the bigger screen but no dpad, no flash and no magnetic stylus lock (wtf?)
Old 06-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

cyberone3 is just getting started

i think i'll just wait and buy a palm pre
Old 06-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

**** the d-pad i barely use it and with the screen being that big who cares not a necessity. I barely use the stylus now, i'm sad they took away the magnetic feature but who cares not a necessity. The processor is not older either they came out around the same time and HTC knows what they are doing there. People just look for reasons to not get it but once it comes out and they see all the fun we're having in the touch pro 2 forum they will be doing whatever it takes to get the phone lol. It's a continuing cycle whenever a new phone comes out. People said the same thing about the touch, the mogul, the diamond, the touch pro for crying out loud lol and every other phone that has an upgrade. Don't judge a book by it's cover wait until the phone comes out and then pass judgement!!
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

why dont u just goto www.pocketnow.com and watch the review on the gsm tp2...all you guys are stating some opinions followed by some facts. just watch the video and see it being used in real time. base your judegements on that until you physically have control of one.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
**** the d-pad i barely use it and with the screen being that big who cares not a necessity. I barely use the stylus now, i'm sad they took away the magnetic feature but who cares not a necessity. The processor is not older either they came out around the same time and HTC knows what they are doing there. People just look for reasons to not get it but once it comes out and they see all the fun we're having in the touch pro 2 forum they will be doing whatever it takes to get the phone lol. It's a continuing cycle whenever a new phone comes out. People said the same thing about the touch, the mogul, the diamond, the touch pro for crying out loud lol and every other phone that has an upgrade. Don't judge a book by it's cover wait until the phone comes out and then pass judgement!!
Then read about all that is missing from the original. The guy says more bad than good in the vdo. THE MSM7600 CPU CAME OUT NEAR THE BEGINNING OF 07, SO HOW IS THAT NEAR THE SAME AGE AS THE TP MSM7501A THAT CAME OUT IN JULY 2008? WATCH THE VDO AND LISTEN TO WHAT IS LACKING COMPARED TO WHAT IS BETTER. READ THE COMMENTS BELOW THE ARTICLE ON POCKETNOW.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

check out pdadb.net for msm7501a and msm7600
Old 06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
...but they brag about the higher resolution screen, of course it is higher, it is bigger!
Screen size has nothing to do with resolution...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
People are so resistive to change... Like you said, we went through the same thing with the mogul, touch, diamond, and the pro.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started

As the owner of a tp2 I would love for there to be a specific section for it here.

Some thoughts on the phone:
The lack of flash doesn't bother me because I never liked how pics came out with my tp using it anyway.
The lack of dpad is similar for me because, again, I found myself rarely using it on my tp because of its poor implementation.
I do miss the center "OK" button though...
The screen is ridiculous, maybe even too big (I know nobody really wants to hear that though). What I mean by that is that I guess my stubby irish thumbs have quite the reach when I'm holding the phone normally to reach all areas of the screen. Who am I kidding though. There's no such thing as too big a screen.
It actually feels more comfortable in my pocket than the tp, though it is still noticable.
The volume button placement is one hell of a lot better than the tp where you had to work to do volume up/down when the keyboard was out.
Additionally, gone is the wobble that the screen side of the tp had.
The reset button is inside the case like it was on the diamond. I'm sure all you WinMo users agree with my "What the hell" thought on that.
To add insult to injury on that one, it's akward taking the cover off with the stylus still in because the cover actually surrounds it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro