PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Screen size has nothing to do with resolution...
Pixel resolution has a lot to do with size. The bigger screen on the new TP2 is wider, the ratio for the resolution is the same. So you are wrong about your comment. You ever sold a tv or laptop? I have, learned a lot aboout sgreen pixel and resolution...
Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started

Oh, and I know this sounds crazy, but it really does seem more responsive than the tp (was using Mighty's latest which was pretty snappy itself).

EDIT: And it has no covering over the camera lens. Seems crazy for something sitting in your pocket a fair amount of time. Just an open hole in the case. I hope the carriers in the US fix that...

Last edited by pezx44; 06-04-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Tp2 when layed flat, does not work well listening to music because the speakers are on the bottom.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
Tp2 when layed flat, does not work well listening to music because the speakers are on the bottom.
True. Unless by laying it flat you mean laying it down on its flattest side and pointing the speaker up in the air. In that case it will sound a lot better than the tp's speakers.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Is it just me or does the "new" TP2 take a lot of its styling cues from the Sprint HTC TP.
And having that happened, Sprint fllipped the script and gave us that perforated back cover (which should help/reduce overheating hopefully).

Last edited by intrlude; 06-04-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

DrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDrSuSE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
Pixel resolution has a lot to do with size. The bigger screen on the new TP2 is wider, the ratio for the resolution is the same. So you are wrong about your comment. You ever sold a tv or laptop? I have, learned a lot aboout sgreen pixel and resolution...
I think what he actually meant was that screen size does not exclusively dictate display resolution (come on, that is what is being talked about)... which is true, it does not (it is also true, in turn, that the comment "of course it is higher, it is bigger!" is not really accurate). In all things display related you commonly see higher resolutions on a wide range screen sizes and lower (and higher) resolutions on screen sizes around them. I mean... just look at other phones, heh.

Last edited by DrSuSE; 06-04-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Threadstarter

setox is becoming a great contributor

wow i can't belive so many people responded but i still think there should be a sub forum for all the touch pro 2 stuff and the flash is important to me because i use my phone as a flash light alot the magnet thing i thought its cool but it looks like i am not going to upgrade to it at all... the reset button inside is stupid sure i would like a bigger screen on this phone and i like the idea of the tilting screen but as a sprint user the sprint version is fn ugly
Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=7523

Touch Pro2 vs. Touch Pro: Should You Upgrade?

Posted by Brandon Miniman
Wednesday, June 3rd at 05:59 AM

This video is part 1 of 2 in a series comparing the Touch Pro with the new Touch Pro 2 to help you not only get to know the Touch Pro2 better, but to help determine if an upgrade from your current device is in order.

In the video, for which we've had many requests, we compare the two devices from a hardware perspective and find that the Touch Pro2 offers many improvements over its predecessor: a larger and higher resolution screen that tilts, a better keyboard, a much improved speakerphone, and other things.

Those of you that have a Touch Pro: will you be upgrading to the Touch Pro2, or do you have you eye on something else?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

The more I see of the TP2, even with its improvements, the less I am likely to upgrade. Due to the fact that the "guts" haven't changed. The TF3D2 works better because their test/beta platform (TP) was received well, gave we enthusiats a chance to simmer and the techs to tweak.
I'll pass for now, I will problably glance at one as it is being proudly displayed by a new owner (many of my buddies want I should get it as I am their resident TP go to'er). TF3D2 runs pretty well on the TP (should I call it TP1?), better when a RTM is out for the chefs to port and cook to near perfection. Don't get me wrong, I like the direction, HD sized screen (sans 3.5mm jack/which preliminary reports show may be needed for WinMo7). The most impressive feature is the keyboard, but can't dish out just for that.

Basically waiting around for any future announcements, LTE/WiMax/WinMo7/etc...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro