PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

for me personally its more about the fact that i have an 8 month old son. after being a father and having someone elses life in your hands you start to notice things. things like almost everytime i see someone swerve out of their lane, when i drive by them 90 percent of the time they r on their cellphones. its not about being cool for me but its about the fact that most people are not good/safe drivers anyways much less when they are trying to use thier phones.

peter i am sure you can text and drive and have never got in an accident, nor have i. in my opinion its irresponsible to myself, my son and the other drivers on the road to not be focused as much as humanly possible.

just my 2 cents
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
for me personally its more about the fact that i have an 8 month old son. after being a father and having someone elses life in your hands you start to notice things. things like almost everytime i see someone swerve out of their lane, when i drive by them 90 percent of the time they r on their cellphones. its not about being cool for me but its about the fact that most people are not good/safe drivers anyways much less when they are trying to use thier phones.

peter i am sure you can text and drive and have never got in an accident, nor have i. in my opinion its irresponsible to myself, my son and the other drivers on the road to not be focused as much as humanly possible.

just my 2 cents
+1 and then some!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTT92BHbh3U

Any of you guys caught that on the news?

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 05-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

plain stock onscreen keyboard works fine man... but thanks for the info

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jjbehren is a n00b

I was having a problem with using this number keypad for texting. I would push the button and no letter would show up. I figured out you have to also install a language pack (see post 6 in the xda thread) or this thing is worthless.

Thanks for the post though. I'm on the final MightRom 4 build and really was missing my T9 numeric keyboard.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

How about we NOT have a thread about texting while driving...cmon are you serious. Too many idiots on the road as it is. Now we are teaching them how to text while driving!

Don't just say THANKS click it!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

None of this worked for me. Can't change sip and phone keypad ALWAYS types numbers instead of letters...

Old 08-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All you bleeding heart responses need to start an organization, GATAD, Geeks Against Txting And Driving, and show you really believe your own preaching. for the rest of you who took this for what it IS, a How-To for setting up one handed txting, not a tutorial for reckless driving, YOU'RE WELCOME!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Another note, I am actually making the roads SAFER by giving people who drive and txt with two hands, a free hand to keep on the wheel! Self-righteous preachers ever vigilant for a preaching opportunity.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:25 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I would try to avoid that myself.

We had a horrendous accident here last year where five High School girls where killed in a head on crash with a tractor trailer (the car burst into flames) on their way to a graduation party at a Summer cottage.. The cell records showed later that a text had been sent from the drivers phone 30 seconds before the crash............

~John
30 seconds after? i'm sorry, but in case i'm mistaken... the effects of texting shouldn't linger half a minute after the text is sent. attributing that to the crash is like saying that chemo kills cancer patients.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro