PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
Texting + driving= idiot, flame me all you want but the fact remains the same.

Thank you for you deep insight. All who read it will grow in wisdom and knowledge! Your eloquence is breath-taking.

No really!

Last edited by petermg; 05-03-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
=D>

Thank you for you deep insight. All who read it will grow in wisdom and knowledge!
Ahh yes and reading a post about something the phone already does is really helpful and enlightening. Such a thoughtful and helpful thread, you are a tribute to your gene pool, you should stand proud of this thread. If I were you I print it out, frame it maybe even attach it to your resume for all to see. I am so inspired by this thread that I am going to see if I can rent a billboard and have it put on there for all the world to see. How does "Petermg mental giant of our time" strike you? Hold your head high, and text away while driving, your a serving mankind with great honor!
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 05-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhoste View Post
Ahh yes and reading a post about something the phone already does is really helpful and enlightening. Such a thoughtful and helpful thread, you are a tribute to your gene pool, you should stand proud of this thread. If I were you I print it out, frame it maybe even attach it to your resume for all to see. I am so inspired by this thread that I am going to see if I can rent a billboard and have it put on there for all the world to see. How does "Petermg mental giant of our time" strike you? Hold your head high, and text away while driving, your a serving mankind with great honor!

Stop it! You're the one serving mankind , with your insight and wisdom and, wait for it... ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!! Oh yeah, and also by renting a billboard!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:44 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
I'm using might 4.17. When I choose the phone keyboard, I can only press numbers. I tried changing it from ABC to t9, but I still can only press numbers. Anybody else having this problem? Any fix?
yea, remove t9 and it will work...i mean completely remove. there is a cab that will remove t9 functionality totally

Help Me Help You
Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor

hey pete. next time u want 2 text while driving, make sure ur alone on a high mountain pass w/lots of fog. or n e where in PA. stay out of chicago, as i 911 all i c who text while driving.
l8r.

YEAH! That guy! U know. HIM!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:24 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

lol i text while driving all the time. i see nothing wrong with it. if you do, fine, but i'd rather text somebody, rather than call them sometimes. the no texting law is almost as stupid as the seatbelt laws.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatsstang View Post
hey pete. next time u want 2 text while driving, make sure ur alone on a high mountain pass w/lots of fog. or n e where in PA. stay out of chicago, as i 911 all i c who text while driving.
l8r.
WOW I did not know that you can not text while driving in Chicago ... interesting ....
Old 05-03-2009, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Are you TIRED of almost crashing because you feel obligated to respond to some TXT your woman sent you (or man) while you are driving? So you try to respond but you only have a FULL QWERTY (YEA!) hardware keyboard or software version or some hyped up keyboard that still requires the use of TWO HANDS no matter how COOL it looks? Well for those of you in this situation, I have the SOLUTION!!!

Now you can txt/type like you did way back in 1985 when your cell phone was just a phone with txting and you could ONLY txt using one hand!!! First you want a SIP KEYPAD or PHONEPAD. Here is a GREAT ONE!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426281
Also there is a cab that makes the keypad default to T9 rather than ABC, which is what I use.

Also I recommend using the Touchback cab, it makes your phone vibrate when you press one of the keypad buttons! Only takes up 4k!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478407

I have attached three cabs that I use. But you can check out all the options via the links I provided!

Hope this helps! I had my titan for a long time and would spend a lot of time on the road and had to ignore a lot of txt messages because of my dilemma. Wish I knew about this 9 months ago!

Have fun txting!
Hey there very useful thread for a few people .... somehow I got used to the texting with one hand using the compact qwerty haha ...

PS: Forget the haters... let them be
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Talking Re: Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 View Post
Hey there very useful thread for a few people .... somehow I got used to the texting with one hand using the compact qwerty haha ...

PS: Forget the haters... let them be
Glad it was of some use to you!! I didn't know about this so when I found it I was very excited! As for the haters, these are guys with no women in their lives either NOW or EVER. Yeah, they have NEVER had a girlfriend, lol, or they are below the drivin age! HAHAHAHA! Those who have girlfriends know what I mean.. those who don't.. continue to type away angrily at their keyboards in search of purpose
Old 05-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
lol i text while driving all the time. i see nothing wrong with it. if you do, fine, but i'd rather text somebody, rather than call them sometimes. the no texting law is almost as stupid as the seatbelt laws.

Exactly!! So do many people, guess it's just these goody-two-shoed, raised-by-their-granny folks who drive with their eyes on the road AT _ALL_ TIMES and their hands at 10 and 2! LOL. Gimme a break. Who are you guys foolin'? Too many losers willin to jump on any bandwagon as soon as they IMAGINE an opportunity. Go ahead guys.. since it's basically all you have anyway in sense of purpose. In fact.. make a drivers training video and send me the link to it on youtube!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro