PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

Are you TIRED of almost crashing because you feel obligated to respond to some TXT your woman sent you (or man) while you are driving? So you try to respond but you only have a FULL QWERTY (YEA!) hardware keyboard or software version or some hyped up keyboard that still requires the use of TWO HANDS no matter how COOL it looks? Well for those of you in this situation, I have the SOLUTION!!!

Now you can txt/type like you did way back in 1985 when your cell phone was just a phone with txting and you could ONLY txt using one hand!!! First you want a SIP KEYPAD or PHONEPAD. Here is a GREAT ONE!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426281
Also there is a cab that makes the keypad default to T9 rather than ABC, which is what I use.

Also I recommend using the Touchback cab, it makes your phone vibrate when you press one of the keypad buttons! Only takes up 4k!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=478407

I have attached three cabs that I use. But you can check out all the options via the links I provided!

Hope this helps! I had my titan for a long time and would spend a lot of time on the road and had to ignore a lot of txt messages because of my dilemma. Wish I knew about this 9 months ago!

Have fun txting!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

I believe that all of out TP come with this keyboar already. And the vibration is added by touch response.

I might be mistaken, but my TP has had it since day 1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

I'm using might 4.17. When I choose the phone keyboard, I can only press numbers. I tried changing it from ABC to t9, but I still can only press numbers. Anybody else having this problem? Any fix?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I text one handed all the time using the Cootek TouchPal KB & T+

I never use the hardware KB in my TP, I find TouchPal with T+ is MUCH faster......

~John
Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor

do us a favor and dont feel compelled to text when driving. I see it all the time and it scares the bejeezes out of me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd85233 View Post
I believe that all of out TP come with this keyboard already..
That is correct, all three of my TouchPro's came with these sip KB's as standard equipment, you don't have to add them.....

~John
Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralspirit View Post
do us a favor and dont feel compelled to text when driving. I see it all the time and it scares the bejeezes out of me.
I would try to avoid that myself.

We had a horrendous accident here last year where five High School girls where killed in a head on crash with a tractor trailer (the car burst into flames) on their way to a graduation party at a Summer cottage.. The cell records showed later that a text had been sent from the drivers phone 30 seconds before the crash............

~John
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralspirit View Post
Oh ok. Thanks. that never occurred to me until you said it just now. What would I do without you? Yes sir I will not txt so as not to scare you while I'm driving.

Last edited by petermg; 05-03-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Texting + driving= idiot, flame me all you want but the fact remains the same.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I text one handed all the time using the Cootek TouchPal KB & T+

I never use the hardware KB in my TP, I find TouchPal with T+ is MUCH faster......

~John
isn't TouchPal the one where you have to swipe your fingers different directions to activate different characters? If that is the one I'm thinking of I cant do it. Never seem to get the swipes exactly right....unless there is another way of using it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro