PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59
Re: Now this, is a mystery.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
then he wouldn't see his own bloated religious sig which could be offensive in its own right. From my stand point. it' a pot-kettle-black issue. Now back to tthe regularly scheduled thread.

Maybe it's a problem with the stsrt menu shortcut? I had a similar problem years ago where a folder in start menu was corrupted and didn't show up in the menu.
Point taken but for your pastafarian view point it has nothing to do with look or size of sig just the use of the "gd" word that is the offensive part but if that is what you prefer to see fine. I've seen war and destruction with 10 years oversea's in spec ops defending your freedoms so I guess that is silly of me to expect any respect of my freedoms.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 05-02-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
Point taken but for your pastafarian view point it has nothing to do with look or size of sig just the use of the "gd" word that is the offensive part but if that is what you prefer to see fine. I've seen war and destruction with 10 years oversea's in spec ops defending your freedoms so I guess that is silly of me to expect any respect of my freedoms.
If you dislike something you don't have to read it.

If you can have your signature, he can have his. Either everybody can express themself or nobody can express themself.

And if you've served in spec ops for 10 years you should be aware that there are far worse things in the world than a word you dislike.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post

If you can have your signature, he can have his. .
I agree. Just set your profile to block all sigs, problem solved.

It makes the site load three times faster also, so it's a win all the way around (you don't have to look at stupid flash sigs that have nothing to do with PPC's (neither does that annoying religious sig) & you don't have to wait for them to load)

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 05-02-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree. Just set your profile to block all sigs, problem solved.

It makes the site load three times faster also, so it's a win all the way around (you don't have to look at stupid flash sigs that have nothing to do with PPC's (neither does that annoying religious sig) & you don't have to wait for them to load)

~John
Ok, I removed the so called "annoying" religious sig so you don't have to see that does that satisfy you? But I will not remove my beliefs or attitude. Like you say if you don't like it don' t read it. Man it is really surprising how easy it is to provoke someone. Sorry guys I do have to apologize to all. I really don't care what you put up to an extent. If I think it iss offensive yes I will voice my opinion, but that is all it is. I will not ever try to force my beliefs or religion onto anyone. I do apologize for insticating anything, and getting off topic. For that I apologize.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I really shouldn't wade into this deeper but....

I never said I was offended, I said it might be viewed as offensive to some. For the record, I don't care about your sig at all. YOU opened up this can of worms when you claimed offense and now you want to play the victim? Cry me a river! If you have served, thank you. BUT your need to bring that fact into the conversation as if it makes you more worthy of displaying your ideas over someone else is something I do find offensive!

Now I'm getting out of this pool before someone pee's in the water.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwined82 View Post

WOW. Brilliant! =D>
Nevermind the fact that he has to.. oh wait.. READ IT to know if it's something he doesn't like.

Next time I have a question I'll just PM you, you seem like the brightest bulb here!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I will not ever try to force my beliefs or religion onto anyone. I do apologize for insticating anything, and getting off topic. For that I apologize.

No matter what any moron might say, by definition it is *NOT POSSIBLE* to force a belief on someone. Don't try to befriend, appease, "satisfy", etc. anyone who tries to make you think otherwise. Their only purpose for you is for their own means. Put your religious sig back my friend.

Also as vulgarity is automatically filtered out by this forum, you might want to PM a mod or someone who has control over that and inform them that there may be a word or two that needs to be added to the filter.

Last edited by petermg; 05-02-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Threadstarter

freaKs is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to freaKs

Quote:
If you don't mind, please remove the quote from devils rejects as it is alittle offensive especially with the "gd" word in it. After all young people use this site to. So please remove.I respect freedom of speech and religion but also respect my freedom not tto wantt things like quotes from devils rejects on these sites.
if uou find that offensive, or anyo e elses sig or avatar for that matter, you can coose, in your optio s, not to view others avatars or sig. but, out of respect for those who find it offensive, I have removed it. frankly, I do find itpretty lame. Simply don't look at it, is my opinion. besides all that, i removed it to elliminate controversy. It took alot for me to do that, since I usually stand for freedom of speach.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch-HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

patrickgies is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies

Hello, this is a topic that bothers me greatly.

I don't like how our country has become so quick to be offended over something that they don't need to look at or read or listen to. I am not picking on anyone here because I don't even see the sig. anymore, but I am saying it in general. Since when has our country became so lame and have no back bone. If we have a song on the radio and someone calls in saying that this song offends them, bam its off. Yet, the other listeners that liked it, can't hear it anymore unless they buy it. So, this one person ruins it for many more masses. Which, since when has our country became someone that goes by the minorities. Don't we elect a president by the majority of votes, not the minority of the votes. This should be the same way for public speech, television and radio. They all have means of being turned off and ignored.

If one person doesn't like it, why should the rest suffer.
HTC 6800 x 6
HTC Touch Pro

MightyRom 4.12 - Thanks Mike
Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaKs View Post
I have removed it.
I wouldn't have. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you are saying doesn't mean you should stop saying it.

I mean, that's even how Christianity started.. people didn't like what Judism was preaching so rather than stopping what they were saying, they did their own thing.

(I bring up Christianity because that's what really sparked this garbage martyr posting train)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro