PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Now this, is a mystery..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67237)

freaKs 05-02-2009 07:14 AM

Now this, is a mystery.....

So I wake up this morning, and again, I forgot to put my TP on charg, no sweat, I have a backup battery. I insert the fully charged batter, power up, only to noticice, all my games are gone, as well as a few programs. my documents are still there, thank God.

wtf happened to my stuff? i know i can just dl it all and reinstall, but it still leaves me curious. i dont think i was THAT drunk, LOL.

lilbitz_1018 05-02-2009 07:21 AM

Re: Now this, is a mystery.....

Check with the goldfish, theyre sneaky! lol sry not wasting a post. but idk that is quite weird. Maybe a hard reset would solve it if it keeps happening.

jmorton10 05-02-2009 07:36 AM

Was the stuff that's gone on your storage card??

~John

entwined82 05-02-2009 09:59 AM

what rom? I've heard of some roms having issues where users would get random hard resets. I believe it was Juicy 6 among others that would do this.

selders59 05-02-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freaKs (Post 890709)
So I wake up this morning, and again, I forgot to put my TP on charg, no sweat, I have a backup battery. I insert the fully charged batter, power up, only to noticice, all my games are gone, as well as a few programs. my documents are still there, thank God.

wtf happened to my stuff? i know i can just dl it all and reinstall, but it still leaves me curious. i dont think i was THAT drunk, LOL.

:headbang:If you don't mind, please remove the quote from devils rejects as it is alittle offensive especially with the "gd" word in it. After all young people use this site to. So please remove.I respect freedom of speech and religion but also respect my freedom not tto wantt things like quotes from devils rejects on these sites.

jmorton10 05-02-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selders59 (Post 890814)
:headbang:If you don't mind, please remove the quote from devils rejects as it is alittle offensive especially with the "gd" word in it. .

Although it is not offensive to me at all, I never quite understoood the point of a sig like this that has absolutely NOTHING to do with PPC's.

I blocked all the sigs from showing in my preferences at least a year ago (you should probably do the same) because of stupid stuff like this........

~John

pastafarian 05-02-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 890828)
Although it is not offensive to me at all, I never quite understoood the point of a sig like this that has absolutely NOTHING to do with PPC's.

I blocked all the sigs from showing in my preferences at least a year ago (you should probably do the same) because of stupid stuff like this........

~John

then he wouldn't see his own bloated religious sig which could be offensive in its own right. From my stand point. it' a pot-kettle-black issue. Now back to tthe regularly scheduled thread.

Maybe it's a problem with the stsrt menu shortcut? I had a similar problem years ago where a folder in start menu was corrupted and didn't show up in the menu.

overbyc1 05-02-2009 11:01 AM

Not to start a war, but just as much as you don't like his sig, I care nothing for yours. It does go both ways. But as John says, just block the sigs.

pastert33 05-02-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overbyc1 (Post 890864)
Not to start a war, but just as much as you don't like his sig, I care nothing for yours. It does go both ways. But as John says, just block the sigs.

Everyone has different opinions...now as far as this problem goes, I had a problem like this before where my storage card got corupted somehow. I reformatted the card and put everything back on it and then I was good to go.

Laos101 05-02-2009 11:16 AM

Sounds to me like your backup battery is bad. This is the battery that stores your BIOS info (like Time) between batteries or a hard reset, but I could be wrong.

Something seems to be causing a half hard reset or sorts.