PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 07:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

freaKs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freaKs
Now this, is a mystery.....

So I wake up this morning, and again, I forgot to put my TP on charg, no sweat, I have a backup battery. I insert the fully charged batter, power up, only to noticice, all my games are gone, as well as a few programs. my documents are still there, thank God.

wtf happened to my stuff? i know i can just dl it all and reinstall, but it still leaves me curious. i dont think i was THAT drunk, LOL.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: Now this, is a mystery.....

Check with the goldfish, theyre sneaky! lol sry not wasting a post. but idk that is quite weird. Maybe a hard reset would solve it if it keeps happening.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Was the stuff that's gone on your storage card??

~John
Old 05-02-2009, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what rom? I've heard of some roms having issues where users would get random hard resets. I believe it was Juicy 6 among others that would do this.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaKs View Post
So I wake up this morning, and again, I forgot to put my TP on charg, no sweat, I have a backup battery. I insert the fully charged batter, power up, only to noticice, all my games are gone, as well as a few programs. my documents are still there, thank God.

wtf happened to my stuff? i know i can just dl it all and reinstall, but it still leaves me curious. i dont think i was THAT drunk, LOL.
If you don't mind, please remove the quote from devils rejects as it is alittle offensive especially with the "gd" word in it. After all young people use this site to. So please remove.I respect freedom of speech and religion but also respect my freedom not tto wantt things like quotes from devils rejects on these sites.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 05-02-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
If you don't mind, please remove the quote from devils rejects as it is alittle offensive especially with the "gd" word in it. .
Although it is not offensive to me at all, I never quite understoood the point of a sig like this that has absolutely NOTHING to do with PPC's.

I blocked all the sigs from showing in my preferences at least a year ago (you should probably do the same) because of stupid stuff like this........

~John
Old 05-02-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Although it is not offensive to me at all, I never quite understoood the point of a sig like this that has absolutely NOTHING to do with PPC's.

I blocked all the sigs from showing in my preferences at least a year ago (you should probably do the same) because of stupid stuff like this........

~John
then he wouldn't see his own bloated religious sig which could be offensive in its own right. From my stand point. it' a pot-kettle-black issue. Now back to tthe regularly scheduled thread.

Maybe it's a problem with the stsrt menu shortcut? I had a similar problem years ago where a folder in start menu was corrupted and didn't show up in the menu.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel..Verizon

overbyc1 is just getting started

Not to start a war, but just as much as you don't like his sig, I care nothing for yours. It does go both ways. But as John says, just block the sigs.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by overbyc1 View Post
Not to start a war, but just as much as you don't like his sig, I care nothing for yours. It does go both ways. But as John says, just block the sigs.
Everyone has different opinions...now as far as this problem goes, I had a problem like this before where my storage card got corupted somehow. I reformatted the card and put everything back on it and then I was good to go.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:16 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Sounds to me like your backup battery is bad. This is the battery that stores your BIOS info (like Time) between batteries or a hard reset, but I could be wrong.

Something seems to be causing a half hard reset or sorts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro