PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: What ROM are you running and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
until 4.17 hits the interwebz
Uh oh!!!??? I thought he was done with 6.1?!?!?!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ebuzz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
until 4.17 hits the interwebz
Is that a hint that something new is coming???
Also, are all the apps, ect., that are loaded into the ROM listed on the first page of the thread? And how do you get the Office programs into the ROM are they built in?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

slag02 is a n00b

I have tried, Juicy, Tried Psyki, and now I am trying Copper-

I gave up on the TF3D, the Stock sprint rom is/was pretty decent, but there were still some bugs, so I bucked down and have grown to like 6.5 in the last 24 hours. no TF3d just the new 6.5 interface, and its working very well.

One question I had, is there a minimalistic 6.1 rom like Copper? No TF3D , just basic roms? if I decide to dump copper - doesn't look like i will be - but if I could find one that would be what I want to try next
Old 05-01-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag02 View Post
What I'm also trying to find out is why ppl like a particular ROM. Is it the speed, the apps, theme, or what?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

One question I had, is there a minimalistic 6.1 rom like Copper? No TF3D ,
Just use a kitchen like GC's & leave out TF3D.....

~John
Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

slag02 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post
What I'm also trying to find out is why ppl like a particular ROM. Is it the speed, the apps, theme, or what?
For me It is speed and stability and no bugs-
What bothered me about the stock rom is that sometimes Messaging would refuse to open - Text or email - it would just refuse to open

With some of the other roms, the speed was there, but it would still need to be soft reset every so often, apps appeal to some people, but you can find cabs for whatever you are looking for so that isnt the selling point.

anyway just my $.02
Old 05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
For me It is speed and stability and no bugs-
That's sort of what I'm looking for, and ur right, you can get apps lots of places. But there must be something about these custom ROMs that make them more desirable than the stock roms which I had thought were "stable" if not so speedy! No?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

I use the 6.5 Copper Rom, the joint project by Juicy and Mighty, i like the Cleanliness of the rom and that it has no Manilla. ive only added the Cabs i use and therefore am very happy with my setup. For me it has been Fast and very stable. i guess ive been one of the lucky ones to not experience some of the other bugs members were finding. all in all i probly wont switch out of copper till theres another Clean 6.5 Rom out. IMHO.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

dkranes is just getting started

Quote:

I gave up on the TF3D, the Stock sprint rom is/was pretty decent, but there were still some bugs, so I bucked down and have grown to like 6.5 in the last 24 hours. no TF3d just the new 6.5 interface, and its working very well.

One question I had, is there a minimalistic 6.1 rom like Copper? No TF3D , just basic roms? if I decide to dump copper - doesn't look like i will be - but if I could find one that would be what I want to try next
Same for me...tried Juicy, Mighty 4.16, Psyki, and Silence 9. I liked Silence 9 the best, but wanted to see how a newer 6.5 ROM handles battery life. So as of last night I'm on Copper and loving it. No TF3D, but the 6.5 interface works well. I think I'll be on Copper for a while. I really don't want to constantly switch ROMs...to each their own, but to me it's a pain in the *** to get everything setup over and over again. I've just been switching until I find something that will work for me. So far Copper is it. Haven't run into any bugs, it's fast, and most importanly at nearly 2pm I still have 70% battery life left!!!! I used to be on the charger by 2 or 3pm! That alone is worth using Copper going forward.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Running the stock Sprint ROM.. I felt no need to run a custom ROM yet...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro