PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ebuzz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What ROM are you running and why?

Trying to decide which ROM to flash to among the many great ROMs out there. I was curious as to which ROMs ppl use and why?

I have not seen a real good review thread yet (I know there are some out there, but nothing from users as to why they picked the ROM they're running).

Need help deciding b/c I'd only like to flash once. Hard resetting after each flash would be a royal pain.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

iconeo is just getting started
Re: What ROM are you running and why?

*Any Custom ROM* with SASHIMI (www.winmo-experts.com) will get rid of your 'which ROM should I flash to woes'. I'm currently using a custom ROM that I made and it is fast, stable and using all the software that I want it to. Check out ppckitchen.org and get cookin!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have not heard of the SASHIMI yet. What the h**l is that? Did you cook your own ROM? As a noob, I'm quite impressed if you did.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
N00b

iconeo is just getting started

SASHIMI is like UC (User customization) but a lot more user friendly IMHO. Check out the videos. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...FC86B36CB817D8
Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post
I have not heard of the SASHIMI yet. What the h**l is that? Did you cook your own ROM? As a noob, I'm quite impressed if you did.
Yea, he probably did cook his own rom. The PPCKitchen is very user friendly. My first custom was a kitchen rom. Now I stick with mighty mike. I did a review on it yesterday actually, here...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...588#post884588
Old 04-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno

MightyROM ALL THE WAY(: i'm currently using MightyROM5, wanted a change from TF3D and WM6.1 (MR5 Has it built in tho) loving WM6.5 tried other 6.5 ROMs and MR is the most stable and fastest I've tried, also if you are looking for a WM6.1 ROM go with MightyROM4.16 very stable and fast.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
if you are looking for a WM6.1 ROM go with MightyROM4.16 very stable and fast.
I'm considering the 4.16 ROM b/c I have been following the MR5 thread & it looks to me like its not as stable as the older one.
But if the MR5 does not use TF3D does it use a different type of screen that's like TF?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

MightyROM5 for a few days now, seeing if it "works for me". I use Titanium rather than TF3D. It's growing on me, but I really wish I could make the font smaller so more things would show on the home screen.

What I really like about 6.5 is "dismiss all" notifications. That alone makes it worth the switch for me, as having to dismiss a missed call, voicemail, text, and email notification at the same time on 6.1 takes half an hour and makes me want to crawl in a dark hole in despair.

Pretty much everything else seems to work really well. The new start menu is growing on me, since it's a quick way to the apps list. Presumably as this stuff matures we'll be able to actually position apps where we want rather just than "move to top". I like the single-screen flick scrolling; no more overscroll.

Oh, and it's fast.

Thacounty's review is helpful, you should read it, though I disagree with the battery edit he posted recently. Mine is not a battery hog, so I suspect some rogue process (which has happened to me on EVERY WM device I have ever used at some point or another). Last week on the stock ROM my phone got really hot in my pocket, and when I finally noticed the battery had drained to 20% in about an hour. Same with memory leaks - I have never had a WM phone that didn't need basically a daily soft-reset to stay reliable. And I've used quite a handful of WM phones over the years.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

I'm running Silence roms final 6.1 version.. Silence rom 9 was the best rom I've ran so far it had my battery lasting 2 days instead of 4 to 6 hours... so i figured i'd give the finale 6.1 version a try.. i think i'll go back to 9 untill some thing 6.5 that is strong comes my way.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Mightrom 4.16 is hands down the best rom out there for the TP in regards to stability and speed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro