View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What ROM are you running and why?

MightyROM5 for a few days now, seeing if it "works for me". I use Titanium rather than TF3D. It's growing on me, but I really wish I could make the font smaller so more things would show on the home screen.

What I really like about 6.5 is "dismiss all" notifications. That alone makes it worth the switch for me, as having to dismiss a missed call, voicemail, text, and email notification at the same time on 6.1 takes half an hour and makes me want to crawl in a dark hole in despair.

Pretty much everything else seems to work really well. The new start menu is growing on me, since it's a quick way to the apps list. Presumably as this stuff matures we'll be able to actually position apps where we want rather just than "move to top". I like the single-screen flick scrolling; no more overscroll.

Oh, and it's fast.

Thacounty's review is helpful, you should read it, though I disagree with the battery edit he posted recently. Mine is not a battery hog, so I suspect some rogue process (which has happened to me on EVERY WM device I have ever used at some point or another). Last week on the stock ROM my phone got really hot in my pocket, and when I finally noticed the battery had drained to 20% in about an hour. Same with memory leaks - I have never had a WM phone that didn't need basically a daily soft-reset to stay reliable. And I've used quite a handful of WM phones over the years.