PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

lblacklol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Flo 3d Music Library Problem

I'm having the exact same issues as you. I'm at work though and can't really "play" to figure it out.

As for the default registry entries though, earlier I deleted the registry keys figuring they'd reset to default on soft reset, and they did. Try that.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:16 PM
N00b

lblacklol is a n00b

I've played a bit while at work, all my registry entries are sticking, nothing's reverting back to before. I can't figure out where it's pulling the SD Card ringtones folder from, it's not listed anywhere in the registry.

If I can't figure this out I either have to delete tons of tones and then send the rest to the phone memory (which I don't want to do, I'm picky about the memory on the phone), or just not use the TF3D player, which would be a shame bc I just switched back to TF3D since I flashed an SSK rom and got back lots of memory.

(As a side note, SSK roms are the saving grace of the Verizon TP imo. I spent the weekend flashing and reflashing, must have done it 15 times. Tried others like Juicy and Mighty, finally settled on an SSK build from the kitchen, and it rocks hardcore. If I disable TF3D I'm sitting at about 40% which is 64.18 free. With TF3D enabled I'm at 52%, which is 50.18 meg free. Wayyyyyy better than stock).
Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

squarerootz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to squarerootz
Thumbs up Re: Touch Flo 3d Music Library Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtictc View Post
Does anyone know what the album art file needs to be called and what size it needs to beto get it to show up? I just get a question mark showing at the album
Re-name the album art as the actual word *folder* and they will show up in TF3D. Not sure how many different picture formats that TF3D recognizes but I always use jpeg. Once you restart the HTC Audio Manager tab, TF3D will then auto-create another picture file based off of the originals that will have the nice little slant to them. Make sure to install the Sprint Touch Pro Tweeks Only cab too to remove the Sprint Music Banner as that will make the picture bigger as well. You should be able to find that with a quick search.

After that you can either delete the originals or if you use S2P for your audio player, leave them there as S2P won't read those new pic files and will show just the defualt music note pictures for the songs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Updating the music library with all these file deletions/turning off TF3D is totally unnecessary. Just use the "Update Library" function in Windows Media Player and then wait a few minutes - all of it then shows up in the TF3D library.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
N00b

lblacklol is a n00b

Thats a good point. that eliminates 1 step, though i still have the problem of hundreds of ringtones showing up in the library
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK, I've had time to do extensive messing about. I've learned that, basically, HTC doesn't care where on your MicroSD card you put audio files. It'll find them no matter where you put them on your storage card and irrespective of what your registry says. For reference, I'm using a Feb 2009-manufactured Sprint Touch Pro running the stock ROM.

I did a hard reset. It turns out the default for the search paths is... nothing at all. They're not there at all until after the audio manager runs. Once it has run, the default music file path is \My Documents\ and the default ringtone exclusion path is \My Documents\My Ringtones\.

I made multiple copies of a small .mp3 file and placed them in a large range of folders. I renamed each to reflect the path at which it was located so I could easily tell where each one was located from within the audio manager. I ran through many edits of the registry music file search paths and ringtone exclusion path. I tried adding a ring_tone_path_0.

My firm conclusion is that none of these settings has any effect whatsoever on files located on a storage card.

Setting device_scan_path_path and device_scan_path_path_0 to a directory on the storage card will certainly locate any music files in that directory, but it'll find them just as easily if you DON'T do that. It just won't find any music files on the device memory unless a path containing them is supplied, except that anything in the \MUSIC directory will be added to the library even if you don't specify it in the search path.

Setting ring_tone_path to any directory on the device will exclude any sound files in that path. Setting it to any path (and I tried many) on the storage card has no effect - that is, files in that path will be added to the library anyway. Believe me, I tried creating directories on my storage card with every name mentioned in this thread as being capable of being excluded from ringtone searches but it made not the slightest difference.

How do I explain those who report they were able to exclude ringtones on a storage card? I can't. Maybe they're using cooked ROM's. Maybe I have a later stock ROM date. Maybe there's some other registry key they have that I lack (remember, I'm doing this from a fresh hard reset). Maybe they have some other software installed (all I have at the moment is the Sprint customizations and PHM Registry Editor). All I know is that I can't replicate their reported experience.

However, none of this matters much. Basically, ringtones don't really belong on a storage card. Any tones being used for any purpose by the device need to be somewhere where they won't be removed lest bad and unexpected things happen, which means on the device itself. It's a Touch Pro, so you should have enough space available for any reasonable number of ringtones with which to work. If you have hundreds (or thousands, or whatever), just ZIP 'em up and keep 'em on your storage card and un-ZIP the ones you need as you need them. Go ahead and put your music files wherever you want on your storage card - it doesn't matter where, since they can be found without needing to do any registry edits.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 PM
N00b

lblacklol is a n00b

Well thats good enough for me, really comprehensive. I will do just what you suggested and zip em up. Thanks for all your testing, that was a lot of work.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tridge is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Thanks, but I tried setting ring_tone_path set as \Storage Card\My Documents\My Ringtones and my collection of tones located there (or anywhere else I add it to) STILL gets added to the library.

However, if I move all the ringtones to \My Documents\My Ringtones and use that for the ring_tone_path key, the exclusion works! For me, it seems that I can't exclude ringtones on a storage card.

Now I just have to fix the problem with duplicate music file listings, which persists. For the moment, I just have one .mp3 file in the \MUSIC directory in order to keep things simple. The Music tab still shows TWO copies of this file.

I do check after each reboot to ensure that the registry edits "took" prior to re-enabling TF3D. Thus far, they always have.

I tried setting both the music paths back to \MUSIC since I suspect (but am not sure) this is the default.

I'll try moving everything to directories named as in pringlet's post, setting up keys the same, then report back.

Does anyone know what the default registry keys are?
My defaults are set at \My Documents\My Music for both and \My Documents\My Ringtones
Old 08-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XDA Orbit 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Bernhard005 is becoming a great contributor

Hi @all!

I think I've found the solution für this problem.

At first I've got to mention that I've first tried the recommenced steps of pringlet in Post #2, but they didn't take effect for me. However, these settings are on my device still present. So if my solution doesn't work for anyone, you could try to change these settings additionally but it shouldn't be necessary.

Ok, let's go to my solution. Please read all the steps first before applying them. I'm not responsible for any damage made to your device or lost data!

First: Close Manila!

Second: Delete the whole library:
Deleting HTC Music Library:
  • Go to the folder "\Application Data\HTC\AudioManager_Eng\"
  • Try to delete the file "AudioManager_Eng.vol".
    Maybe this will not work because AudioManager is still running in the background. So kill it first (if you have the necessary program) or just rename the file to something similar, for example to "AudioManager_Eng-1.vol". (You now also have a backup if everything fails)
  • You don't have to delete the folder "playlists". However, if you have playlists with files you don't want to have in your library anymore, delete these playlists or remove these tracks.
Deleting Windows Media Player Library:
  • Propably this isn't necessary. Since I don't use Media Player at all, I deleted the whole library to be sure, it doesn't have an effect on HTC's library.
  • Warning: If you delete the MS-Media Library, all additional information of your tracks will be lost, for example play count, rating etc.! If you want to keep these informations, don't delete this file! (But perhaps you won't get the expected results at the end)
  • Go to the folder "\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player\"
  • Delete the content. (Probably the file is not deleteable. Check if Media Player is closed completly. If it still doesn't work, try to rename the file as mentioned above)
  • Go to the folder "\Storage Card\MSMETADATA\"
  • Try to delete "XMEMediaLibrary.mlb". If it can't be deleted try to rename it again. On my device, this failed to. But renaming the folder "MSMETADATA" to "MSMETADATA-" worked quite fine.
Checking, if everything was successful (really not necessary!):
  • If you open Media Player now, the whole library should be empty. (Don't try to rebuild the library now!)
  • You also could check, if the HTC library is now empty. But please don't try it now, the library could then be rebuild and you would have to start at the beginning again!
    However, I still will mention this step:
    If the process "AudioManager_eng.exe" is still running in the background and you open Manila again, the database should not be rebuild. If you go to the music tab, there should be the message, that no music files could be found.
    If the process isn't running, the library will be rebuild and you should see the text "Scanning..." or "Searching..." (or something like that). If you read this text, you really have to start at the top again: Close Manila and delete the HTC Libraray. (Media Player Library still should be empty.)
Third: Setting folder to be scanned or to be skipped:
This is the propably most important step. You need an advanced file explorer. I recommend a tool called "Total Commander" (great utility ).

So, let's talk about the "secret trick" :
  • Your whole device will be scanned for music again, but you are able to exclude some directories.
  • Just open Total Commander, go to the directory you want to be excluded (don't open it, just go to the above directory so you can see the excluded directory listed as an subfolder)
  • Open the context menu of the folder (tab and hold on it) and click on properties.
  • Active the option "Hidden" by setting a checkmark. (Perhaps open the properties again to check if the change was successful)
  • Repeat these steps for every directory you want to be excluded (also subdirs are excluded).
  • Note: Every folder marked as hidden is skipped during the scan. Propably your standard file explorer will not display these folders anymore. Of course the files still exist, they are only hidden. You can set your file explorer that it also displays hidden files/folders. Other programs shouldn't have a problem to find these files because they still exists under the same path. (So ringtones set to a contact aren't lost.) But perhaps if you want to set a new ringtone, the files aren't displayed anymore. So if you want to change some settings and the files are gone, don't worry: just set the setting back to visible temporary, make the changes you want and don't forget to set it back to hidden again!
  • Note: Don't forget to exclude directories containing a backup or so of the file, too. I first wondered why a special file still exists and then noticed, that i forgot to exclude my backup-dir .
The last step: Rebuild your music library:
  • You now can rebuild your HTC music library. To do this, you have two options to choose from:
    a) Softreset your device
    b) Kill the background process "AudioManager_eng.exe". (You will need a special program to do this)
  • Enable/Start Manila again. (After you closed AudioManger, if you have chosen option B!)
When you switch to the music tab, you should see the message, that a scan is performed. After a while the music files are displayed again.
Check if still files exist you don't want to have in your library. See in which folder they are located and exclude this directory, too.

Note: Because I don't use Windows Media Player, I didn't rebuild the Media Player Library. If you need to rescan for files, please do that later. It is possible, that some files are added to HTC Library again you don't want to. So please check first if your HTC Library is working now. After that, you can try to rescan your Windows MP Lib. Please check again (after a reboot), if your HTC Library is still ok. If it isn't you will have to choose which program is more important for you.

I hope this explanation helped you and you have a clean library now.
Enjoy it!

Tags: HTC, Manila, Touchflo 3D, Audiomanager, Music, Library, Exclude, Directory, Folder, Ringtones
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
I did a hard reset. It turns out the default for the search paths is... nothing at all. They're not there at all until after the audio manager runs. Once it has run, the default music file path is \My Documents\ and the default ringtone exclusion path is \My Documents\My Ringtones\.

I made multiple copies of a small .mp3 file and placed them in a large range of folders. I renamed each to reflect the path at which it was located so I could easily tell where each one was located from within the audio manager. I ran through many edits of the registry music file search paths and ringtone exclusion path. I tried adding a ring_tone_path_0.

My firm conclusion is that none of these settings has any effect whatsoever on files located on a storage card.

Setting device_scan_path_path and device_scan_path_path_0 to a directory on the storage card will certainly locate any music files in that directory, but it'll find them just as easily if you DON'T do that. It just won't find any music files on the device memory unless a path containing them is supplied, except that anything in the \MUSIC directory will be added to the library even if you don't specify it in the search path.

Setting ring_tone_path to any directory on the device will exclude any sound files in that path. Setting it to any path (and I tried many) on the storage card has no effect - that is, files in that path will be added to the library anyway. Believe me, I tried creating directories on my storage card with every name mentioned in this thread as being capable of being excluded from ringtone searches but it made not the slightest difference.
However, none of this matters much. Basically, ringtones don't really belong on a storage card.
Just for any1 who ever searched for a solution to this problem & want to have alerts/notification + ringtones (a/n & rt are mutally exclusive) not show up in the TF3D Music tab - this was my solution thanks to mstevens:

1) Place your alerts/notication sounds in the \Windows directory on the device.
2) Place your ringtones in \My Documents\My Ringtones\on the device.
3) Place your music in \Storage Card\My Documents\My Music\ on the storage card.
4) Ring_tone_path is \My Documents\My Ringtones

walla -

A) Ringtones are not in the TF3D Music Tab & still assignable in Sounds>Advanced>Notifications.
B) Music only shows up in TF3D Music Tab

TF3D Music searches for sounds, tones in any folder on the TP+TP2 EXCEPT \Windows & \My Documents\My Ringtones\ apparently.

Last edited by Q_Q; 02-17-2010 at 05:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro