PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch PRO ##DEBUG# & RADIO questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
The first set of numbers is atrocious.

Lately in my basement apartment (usually my worst-signal area) I get around -80 dbm RX power, and my S/N is about 8, using the Telus radio. That's not the world's best, but it's a hell of a lot better than the numbers I got with the stock Alltel radio.

I'm 98% positive you can find a radio that provides you better results. I mean, I don't know, maybe you got those figures while testing from the bottom of your iron-clad Bat Cave and whatever you have is the best, but I doubt it. That S/N is ****ed.

The second set is ok, but I wouldn't consider it "perfect signal." You can do better, get your hands on a few other radios and see what you can come up with.
Thanks for the opinion - however I have already flashed to the latest Sprint radio, so your advice leads me to suspect (though I can't be sure) that I may in fact have a HARDWARE problem. I'd like to get more takes on this though.

Sprint coverage enters something of a hole in my residence, but in my area overall it is decent to very good. Wish I had another TP device to compare to.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just to be completely clear, have you tried radios besides those from Sprint? Usually hardware damage to your phone is going to manifest itself through crackling/static during calls, fluxuating volume levels, able to hear but not be heard, etc. Not just weak power levels and high crosstalk. I'd go through all 9 radios available to you (if you haven't) before investigating that aspect.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Just to be completely clear, have you tried radios besides those from Sprint? Usually hardware damage to your phone is going to manifest itself through crackling/static during calls, fluxuating volume levels, able to hear but not be heard, etc. Not just weak power levels and high crosstalk. I'd go through all 9 radios available to you (if you haven't) before investigating that aspect.
I suppose I should try more, and probably will. But my phone is a refurb, so I wonder why this one should seem to have these issues so often but not the first new one I had, nearly as much.

And there are a lot of variables. If it's not a hardware problem, I find it odd that the issue is so bad with this TP since other phones I've had here got calls and txts largely problem-free. When I switch to roaming the problem seems improved or gone, so the worst answer may also prove true: Sprint just may not cover my particular small area well enough. Then it's time for an Airave or who knows what else.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tuscolavol is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post
Nope. Your MSL isnt required to go into fieldtrial mode, as there are no settings to change, only things to view.
Well why do you think it asks for a password in ##debug#? i tried entering my MSL# and that didn't work.

Edit - OOPS... The old read the entire thread before you ask boo-boo. Sorry

Last edited by tuscolavol; 07-06-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

why not just execute the program on windows folder? FieldTrial.exe

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Is there like a wiki or something on ##debug# on what everything means? I'm off of work and looking to test out every radio to see what gives me best results.

Also I have a sprint TP on Sprint, would i be able to flash any radio ie: USCC, Verizon etc... or do i need to stick to the sprint ones?
Here's a download of a spreadsheet describing what the settings in FieldTest mean: http://www.4shared.com/file/82540573...oy_Manual.html
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

FYI...just use 183729 whenever fieldtrial (##DEBUG#) asks for a password.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Carrier: Nex-Tech

gweedo767 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post

RX Ec/Io
: signal to noise level, displayed in db.. lower numbers are better again.
Just wanting to be clear here. You actually mean higher #'s are better right? As in closer to 0.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo767 View Post
Just wanting to be clear here. You actually mean higher #'s are better right? As in closer to 0.
right. closer to 0 is better
Old 08-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Lou
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon xv6800
Carrier: verizon

Lou is a n00b

I currently have a verizon touch pro. Is it better to run a sprint radio on it to get better signal and battery life. If so.... If i install a different radio will in screw up the current ROM on my device?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro