PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Reno
Touch PRO ##DEBUG# & RADIO questions

Is there like a wiki or something on ##debug# on what everything means? I'm off of work and looking to test out every radio to see what gives me best results.

Also I have a sprint TP on Sprint, would i be able to flash any radio ie: USCC, Verizon etc... or do i need to stick to the sprint ones?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Touch PRO ##DEBUG# & RADIO questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Is there like a wiki or something on ##debug# on what everything means? I'm off of work and looking to test out every radio to see what gives me best results.

Also I have a sprint TP on Sprint, would i be able to flash any radio ie: USCC, Verizon etc... or do i need to stick to the sprint ones?
I don't know the answer to the first half of your question, but for the 2nd half you can flash any radio that you want. The one that most people find the best and myself included is the sprint radio v 1.11. us cellular came out with one yesterday but i haven't tried that one yet.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno

im currently on the sprint 1.11 and i only get like 2 bars everywhere and it drops signal all the time and my DATA speeds are 400kbs with EVDO speed tweak haha. i live in milwaukee, wi a pretty populated busy city too):
Old 04-08-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

neoshi is just getting started

You mean ##778#?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
im currently on the sprint 1.11 and i only get like 2 bars everywhere and it drops signal all the time and my DATA speeds are 400kbs with EVDO speed tweak haha. i live in milwaukee, wi a pretty populated busy city too):
why haven't you changed back then, just wondering?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

hmm.. it asked me for a password... (##debug#)
Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work

With ##DEBUG#, heres what you need to know for the sake of testing radios.

In the 1x view, which is what it defaults to...:

RX Power: power level in dbm received from the tower. The levels are displayed as negative (-) numbers, and levels closer to 0 are better.

RX Ec/Io
: signal to noise level, displayed in db.. lower numbers are better again.

Those are the two important ones.

Going to debug info on the bottom, and switching to HDR. HDR is aka EVDO (data only)...:

RX Power: same deal as above.

RX Signal Strength
: Similar to ec/io above, but is the inverse... higher numbers are better (stronger and more clean signal).

Active Set Pilot
: The current evdo pilot youre connected to. Each tower has 3-4 pilots... usually corresponding to what side of the tower you're feeding from. You should see one number in this blank only. If you see two, your phone is suffering pilot pollution, and you'll see degraded speeds.

Requested Data Rate: the negotiated rate between your handset and the tower. This is not necessarily the speeds you will see, as you're limited by the tower's backhaul, however this displays the maximum rate than can take place between you and the tower. Highest rate, coupled with highest RX Signal Strength, the better faster and more reliable data session.

I'll provide more detailed information if its needed, however, this is the basics you'd need to know to get the best service possible.

You're welcome.
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

don't mean to hijack this thread, but is it supposed to ask you for a password when you ##debug#?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

it didn't ask for my password so i dont think so

Old 04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
don't mean to hijack this thread, but is it supposed to ask you for a password when you ##debug#?
Nope. Your MSL isnt required to go into fieldtrial mode, as there are no settings to change, only things to view.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro