PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Re: Sprint terminating my contract for too much roaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclio View Post
I work in a very low Sprint coverage area. As a result, I keep my TP on roaming pretty much all the time. Verizon is about the only service that gets signal where I am.

A sprint rep called me and told me they are going to be canceling my service very soon due to my excessive roaming (without the regular cancellation fee of course).

I don't mind. I am going to be switching over to Verizon.

Sprint wants their TP back so I am considering getting the same phone for Verizon (HTC Touch Pro) even though I know it is somewhat hardware crippled. I prefer WinMo phones. Are there any better alternatives anyone can suggest instead of the TP?

Also, a concern I have about Verizon that I am hoping a user here can answer from personal experience - can I use the Verizon TP as a modem the way I do w/ Sprint?

Thanks!

Cyclio,

Do this asap:
Email the man whose email I give below. Tell him your story, very, very nicely. Ask him in the email why you can't just have an Airwave because the problem is with Sprint's coverage. Make sure you mention that you've been with Sprint since 1998 and it is a real shame they are terminating a long term customer with a high paying plan. You'd like to know if he thinks your situation is being handled properly and if there is anything he can do to help, or if you should go to the CEO?

email: jerry.adriano@sprint.com
V.P.

Jerry is the end of the line for Customer Service issues.

Hope this helps

-TOV

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
airaves cost $99 plus $4.99/month for unlimited calls from your home or $15 for 2+ phones. i was lucky; i was talking to sprint a week ago and the signal kept dropping so they charged me $50 and waived the monthly fee for the next 2 years. EDIT: welcome to the battlefield soldier!
Airave cost $99 and $4.99 monthly fee not for unlimited calls. That 4.99 fee is for using airave.. There are plans for unlimited calling. But you can get airave free and they even waive your 4.99 monthly fee if you complain. You need to have High speed internet.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: IPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

bfaber is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by osva View Post
Airave cost $99 and $4.99 monthly fee not for unlimited calls. That 4.99 fee is for using airave.. There are plans for unlimited calling. But you can get airave free and they even waive your 4.99 monthly fee if you complain. You need to have High speed internet.
I use one of these for at-home coverage.. 'works well.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I called Sprint and told them that my cell got no service in my house, and that friends with AT&T got great service in my house. I played dumb when they told me about the Airave...acted like I never heard of it and said I thought it would be a great idea. When they brought up the cost...I began to act hesitant...and told them I didnt feel it was fair that I spent so much money on the phones and was expected to pay another 100 for the airave just to get service in my own home.

They escalated me to a very nice lady who also was going to have me pay...but after me describing how much it sucks to have to talk on my porch outside...she agreed to send me the Airave for free, then I would pay the monthly 4 dollar charge. I was fine with that.

They did wind up having to charge my card half of the cost (49.99) because their system wouldnt let her send it for free (she said) but she did issue me a credit on my acount for that amount....so I was fine with that.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

boolieman is just getting started

Well i can see that many people covered the returning of the phone issue thogh i do want to say, i had the touch pro for vzw and well, it just gave me bugs and issues and there is one phone i love now and it should be cheaper now, at least it is where i live is the samsung omnia. Seems like a much faster device and 8gb onboard as well as tilt sensor and its one of the few vzw with a wifi capability built into it, i think you should look at the omnia, at the time of posting it was 99 with contract down from 200.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Sprint may not have offered the Airrave because the service is not available everywhere.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osva View Post
you are correct. the $4.99 is just for the airave service. $15.00 gets you the unlimited minutes.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I think you tell them to go pound sand on returning the phone (you paid for the phone & it's not your fault that Sprint's coverage blows)

Then, you take that phone, flash it with a Mighty or Scrosler ROM & activate it on your new Verizon account.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

~John
Old 03-07-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

if you are constantly roaming sprint has to pay verizon for that...that cost gets p***** down to customers which is why it is more cost effective to let you leave and go to a carrier that will give you the coverage you need instead of you paying sprint to use verizons network
Old 03-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I think you tell them to go pound sand on returning the phone (you paid for the phone & it's not your fault that Sprint's coverage blows)

Then, you take that phone, flash it with a Mighty or Scrosler ROM & activate it on your new Verizon account.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

~John

+1 ... screw them...its their problem....no way on gods green earth would I give them that phone back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro