PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint terminating my contract for too much roaming

I would definitely negotiate, it is their fault for not providing coverage there, you're paying for roaming, etc. If that fails, I would not give back the phone, you paid for it, it's yours, it's used, what value is it to them but a refurb for assurion to give someone. As the other guy said, you can bring it onto vzw.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

becomer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I just cancelled Sprint 2 weeks ago due to the increase in admin fees (thats what I told them) and I was only with them for 6 weeks. I paid no ETF and kept my TP. I put it on VZN and am VERY happy. I read you can cancel until 3/15 and not be charged the ETF. You might try that. BTW i cancelled because I kept having calls go to vm when i had full bars. I would have like to have stayed with them since they are 50 bucks a month less than vzn but I cant be missing calls. I also got a free Airave from them I need to sell....
What exactly is an airave? Does it cost money to setup/maintain? How much do you want for it?
Old 03-07-2009, 06:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by becomer View Post
What exactly is an airave? Does it cost money to setup/maintain? How much do you want for it?
Basically it's a box that you hook up to your internet then it provides 1x signal to your phone. Think of it as a mini personal cellphone tower. I believe there is a $5 a month charge. I don't know how much the box costs though. I do know that sometimes people in low signal errors have convinced sprint to give them one for free.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, you can definitely convince them to give you one for free with no monthly fee! In this case is the least they could do.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

that sucks my man! sprint is crazy..they should've given you an airave!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
BTW i cancelled because I kept having calls go to vm when i had full bars. ..
That was why I dumped sprint & went to verizon.

I am using a sprint TouchPro activated on VZ & I love it.

~John
Old 03-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by becomer View Post
airaves cost $99 plus $4.99/month for unlimited calls from your home or $15 for 2+ phones. i was lucky; i was talking to sprint a week ago and the signal kept dropping so they charged me $50 and waived the monthly fee for the next 2 years. EDIT: welcome to the battlefield soldier!

Last edited by Dr.8820; 03-07-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Guys, I don't think you really are thinking this out...

I'm positive there are likely some type of peering arrangements that the mobile providers have that allow for a certain amount of roaming time on each others towers. At some point, there are likely fees associated. If the original poster is using roaming excessively, it's very possible that Sprint is either losing money, or coming close enough to losing money that they don't want to take a chance.

As a business owner in a related field, I can say from experience that there are times when it makes sense to fire customers. It's just not working out. I'm sure he isn't getting the best service possible either and would likely be happy with someone who has native towers.

I'm in Maine right now roaming, and it completely sucks. A good portion of my calls are going right to voicemail etc. I can't imagine having to deal with roaming all the time, no matter how great the phones are with Sprint.

Just my .02!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

If you think Verizon would give you better service...by all means go for it.

But dont you dare let them get away with taking that phone. you tell them under no circumstances will you give that phone back. If they persist..tell them to go ahead and charge you. Let it go to collections and then dispute it on your credit report.

Also, tell them you will report them to the better business bureau.

That is just OUTRAGEOUS.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Account Disabled

i agree with the above post but whomever told the op that sprint was terminating the contract dropped the ball. they should have at least offered the airave. just wait til dan hears about this!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro