PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Daylight Savings.....

Does this patch (or any other patch) fix the Arizona issue? Even though I had my timezone set to Arizona time in the clock settings it still set my clock ahead 1 hour. Arizona doesn't observe DST so it shouldn't have went forward, hence the specific time zone of "Arizona" as opposed to Mountain.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

176562 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor1971 View Post
Mine updated fine with no patch, but all my appointments are off by an hour now. Kind of weird. It might be unrelated though. last time I flashed and restored my appointments they were off too and I had to fix them.

I remember the last time change at 2am it went back to 1am, then when it hit 2am again, it did it again! Pretty retarded. It fixed itself next time it synced with the network.

Doc..exactly the same problem here with stock ROM and no G Alarm. I applied the patch and the time was corrected but my (all day) appointments were still off by a day. I just changed them on the PC (changed 1 letter or whatever) and the next sync they corrected themselves. You could probably just disable calendar sync and then re-enable to force a new d/l of the appointments and all should be OK.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

I just noticed that an appointment I entered into the Touch Pro for August 25 was an hour off (from what I originally entered), even on my desktop computer.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I kinda like this change. Darker in the morning...... and more light in the evening. Yeah baby!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

I have a January build of the Sprint HTC Touch Pro, I have not installed any MS DST patch. This AM my device was sitting asking me to press "OK" to the time change. Because of that my nightly backup did not run because that dialog box was up.

Question for you who have installed the MS DST patch, did you have a dialog box waiting for you this AM asking you to confirm the time change?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

my touch pro and diamond (sprint) never got an update message and never updated this morning. i have galarm on both.

i contacted ageye today and this is what he had to say
Quote:
I don't think that fixing the Windows alarm bug causes the problem... It only lenghtens the time Windows Mobile wakes up from sleep at midnight (from 15 seconds to 2 minutes)
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gala...tions#Daylight

Because I live here in Germany I can't reproduce this behavior yet but we will know soon...
So, it might just be a network thing, but it's good to eliminate any culprits. So strange that there are so many that didn't have it updated. For different carriers and also for both the tp and diamond. I wonder if there are any other models that have the problem?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a Nov build and got all my appointments on Pocket informant off by an hour this morning.

My fix was to reinstall the calender appointments from yesterday's PIM since I back up daily and the time was correct again.

It such a pain to worry about crap like this whenever the time changes. Changing timezones for travelers must be a nightmare...
Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G baby!

bwillet is a n00b

I'm currently using the Diamond with the stock leaked 2.0 ROM. Woke up this morning and was notified that the hatime was changed for DST (have G-alarm installed BTW), but my time zone is off. Supposed to be Eastern, but every time I sync with network it goes to Atlantic. Not cool... Wife has the Touch Pro with stock Sprint ROM (latest), and she was NOT notified of the DST change, but once we synced with network time, time and zone are correct. G-alarm is NOT installed on hers.

Turned auto sync off on the Diamond, hopefully I wake up for work at the right time. Yet traveling across time zones and having it auto-set isn't a problem, so it has to be DST specific. Argh.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordevil95 View Post
Does this patch (or any other patch) fix the Arizona issue? Even though I had my timezone set to Arizona time in the clock settings it still set my clock ahead 1 hour. Arizona doesn't observe DST so it shouldn't have went forward, hence the specific time zone of "Arizona" as opposed to Mountain.
I've got the same Arizona problem. We don't have DST here and the Arizona setting on the clock/time pulldown menu doesn't know that. I'm an hour ahead on my stock TP and have to reset the clock by hand every morning and after any soft reset.

I tried changing the registry entry as recommended earlier in this thread. Set value to 0 instead of 1. Did not work.
I also tried changing to Chihuahua/La Paz time (also GMT-7). That worked for the clock but screwed up all my calendar appointment times, so I had to change back. Ditto for changing for California PDT time.

If anyone has an Arizona fix, I would really love to hear about it!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

davidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good workdavidzthe1 is keeping up the good work

When i woke up Sunday morning, my phone had the reminder for DST, but the time did not update. Also, my appointments were off by an hour as reported. I manually changed my time to the correct time, soft reset, and viola....my appointments were now correct and also the time.

No patch was needed for me.

YRMV

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro