PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Music skipping...

You guys need to make sure that you aren't moving the device around so the needle doesn't jump...

Ha...

Kidding aside, I just listened to a full CD on my TP without skipping. Used WMP...running JD's 4.0 ROM. Did not have BT, WiFi or Data on and no programs running in the background.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

I have noticed skipping at times. It seems if the skipping starts it just keeps happening during that time of listening to music continually. But then on another day I can be listening to music and not have a single skip. I've only noticed it when using BT stereo in the car with my Motorola T505 and I've got my Touch Pro A2DP settings cranked all the way up.

Good some folks have already confirmed via using internal storage that it's not a SD card issue.

I use a Sandisk 8GB class 6 SD card, plus the earlier mentioned SD card speed tweak and still notice skipping at times. I've tested my card with H2testw 1.4 and it's working fine.

This is definitely a Touch Pro issue. I can get skips using the Music tab or any other music player. And I used the same card with the same tracks on my old Treo 800w which could not do as much multitasking as the Touch Pro and did not get random skips with that device. I get the skips on my Touch Pro when using nothing at all but the Music tab playing a track with BT stereo.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

sounds to me like that's a TF3d Issue I never get skips using WMP or TCPMP and my own set playlist on random and I only use bluetooth.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
sounds to me like that's a TF3d Issue I never get skips using WMP or TCPMP and my own set playlist on random and I only use bluetooth.
As I mentioned:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
I can get skips using the Music tab or any other music player.
It really does not matter what player I try when there is skipping. I've had the same with the Music Tab, WMP and Kinoma Play. Someone else has mentioned noticing it with WMP. I doubt anyone not having skips with WMP would experience it with anything else.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

G sensor related?

Over on XDA some folks have suspected the G Sensor might be partly the cause. I didn't think about it before, but I have noticed skips at times when hitting bumps in the road when driving. Just like a CD skips. I thought the skips when at bumps might be coincidental, I was not thinking about the G sensor at all, but the G sensor theory might be valid. I don't have Gyrator like the OP in that XDA thread.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Cornelious2, what are your A2DP settings?

This could be A2DP setting related. Because I've sometimes heard skips even on a smooth road, so the G sensor theory might only be for some of it.

Here's my current A2DP settings from SKTools:
SBC bitpool: 58
Maximum bitpool: 80
Minimum bitpool: 14
Use Joint Stereo: Yes

What settings do people not experiencing any skips have?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Here's the thread over at XDA specifically about music skipping. I'll have to try some of their suggestions.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't have sktools, ill see about looking into getting the settings when I get home. I use moto s9 as my headphones. I do know I can get skipping to happen if I get too much stuff between my phone and my headphones. but thats not the music skipping as much as the signal being physically blocked.

(I am currently one of the stragglers still using Y4J's rom if that means anything to you all.)
Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I've kicked my SBC bitpool setting down to 30. Which is the low setting and default. (Anyone who has not ever adjusted A2DP settings, you're likely at 30 for SBC bitpool.)

I'll see how things go with that setting. I did keep the A2DP settings lower than maximum on my old Treo 800w, but that was because that device was a bit more limited and I figured the Touch Pro could handle me maxing things out.

I've been sitting here shaking the heck out of my Touch Pro while playing music through its internal speaker and have not had a single skip.

(I've got very strong suspensions this is A2DP related. Probably just a matter of finding settings that provide the best balance of sound quality and no skipping.)
Old 02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i think it's a windows problem because my touch skipped music too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro