PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

themystx2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Music skipping...

I have tried both S2P and Coreplayer, and MP3's that I know are skip-free will both skip at random times... Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using the adapter that came with the phone and normal 3.5mm earphones.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Music skipping...

this happens to me alot and i use windows media player.i asked about this before and got no response.but i think that everytime your hand or fingers come close to the d-pad,whatever sensor that controls the wheel picks up your finger and it will pause/play.i could be wrong though....
Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themystx2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
this happens to me alot and i use windows media player.i asked about this before and got no response.but i think that everytime your hand or fingers come close to the d-pad,whatever sensor that controls the wheel picks up your finger and it will pause/play.i could be wrong though....
That can't be it, as I have the phone on a cradle when driving and it still skips. It's something else I think.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystx2 View Post
That can't be it, as I have the phone on a cradle when driving and it still skips. It's something else I think.
it probably is as i was stabbing in the dark.i did notice that if you put your finger close to the d-pad it will pause for a nanosecond and start playing again.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I honestly just believe that it just bogs down and laggs. Nothing is optimized correctly. Just the nature of the beast when performance isn't top priority.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

This is just an issue with the TP unfortunately. It sucks and drives me crazy too. There are some threads about it over at XDA.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

I experience the same problem. I thought it might have been related to push email, but I haven't tried disabling it to test that hypothesis.

Are you guys all using push?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuuup View Post
I experience the same problem. I thought it might have been related to push email, but I haven't tried disabling it to test that hypothesis.

Are you guys all using push?
I only notice skipping when I hit the power button to turn the screen off. I use the music tab with album art and don't notice skipping while the song plays at all.

How often do you do a soft reset? Sounds like the TP is bogging down or it could be a defective SD card?

Oh, and I'm not using push mail.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

I never have music skip, unless I'm using stereo bluetooth headphones and turn off the screen, which will cause a tiny skip once while it turns off.

EDIT: I'm also using WMP and the music tab, so perhaps it's custom players.

Last edited by AndyCR512; 01-07-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Account Disabled

i'm not using push mail.this is my 3rd pro since halloween and the other 2 did it also.i think it's a flaw somewhere.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro