PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Music skipping... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52130)

themystx2 01-06-2009 11:10 PM

Music skipping...

I have tried both S2P and Coreplayer, and MP3's that I know are skip-free will both skip at random times... Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using the adapter that came with the phone and normal 3.5mm earphones.

Dr.8820 01-06-2009 11:34 PM

Re: Music skipping...

this happens to me alot and i use windows media player.i asked about this before and got no response.but i think that everytime your hand or fingers come close to the d-pad,whatever sensor that controls the wheel picks up your finger and it will pause/play.i could be wrong though....

themystx2 01-06-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 623095)
this happens to me alot and i use windows media player.i asked about this before and got no response.but i think that everytime your hand or fingers come close to the d-pad,whatever sensor that controls the wheel picks up your finger and it will pause/play.i could be wrong though....

That can't be it, as I have the phone on a cradle when driving and it still skips. It's something else I think.

Dr.8820 01-07-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themystx2 (Post 623132)
That can't be it, as I have the phone on a cradle when driving and it still skips. It's something else I think.

it probably is as i was stabbing in the dark.i did notice that if you put your finger close to the d-pad it will pause for a nanosecond and start playing again.

esqueue 01-07-2009 12:42 AM

I honestly just believe that it just bogs down and laggs. Nothing is optimized correctly. Just the nature of the beast when performance isn't top priority.

dr g 01-07-2009 12:49 AM

This is just an issue with the TP unfortunately. It sucks and drives me crazy too. There are some threads about it over at XDA.

fuuup 01-07-2009 06:32 AM

I experience the same problem. I thought it might have been related to push email, but I haven't tried disabling it to test that hypothesis.

Are you guys all using push?

blazinazn 01-07-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuuup (Post 623668)
I experience the same problem. I thought it might have been related to push email, but I haven't tried disabling it to test that hypothesis.

Are you guys all using push?

I only notice skipping when I hit the power button to turn the screen off. I use the music tab with album art and don't notice skipping while the song plays at all.

How often do you do a soft reset? Sounds like the TP is bogging down or it could be a defective SD card?

Oh, and I'm not using push mail.

AndyCR512 01-07-2009 10:05 AM

I never have music skip, unless I'm using stereo bluetooth headphones and turn off the screen, which will cause a tiny skip once while it turns off.

EDIT: I'm also using WMP and the music tab, so perhaps it's custom players.

Dr.8820 01-07-2009 10:15 AM

i'm not using push mail.this is my 3rd pro since halloween and the other 2 did it also.i think it's a flaw somewhere.