PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on your Sprint TP for Free

It use mindows media player to play the voicemail so I assume if you used a different program to play media files that plays through the earpiece it would work, or just turn the volume down
Old 01-07-2009, 12:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tiddly Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bjeremi is becoming a great contributor

Allright after I went through about 4 reps I got this set up. He seemed like he was kind of fumbling through it but it worked. After I had it set-up I could still call my old voicemail number (my cell #) and get to my old voicemails that were saved on there so maybe he missed something. The visual voice mail did work but because of the fact that unless you somehow find a workaround by using a media player that doesn't use your speaker as a default, your voice mails play for everyone to hear. You can of course call the 813-200-0200 and enter your pin to listen to them the old fashion way. Also it's kind of a bummer that the program can't pull names from your contacts (somebody said that fusion is working on this). I have no idea what some of my contacts phone numbers so it doesn't really do me any good that way. Overall cool but not that cool. Called back tech support and had them get rid of it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeremi View Post
Allright after I went through about 4 reps I got this set up. He seemed like he was kind of fumbling through it but it worked. After I had it set-up I could still call my old voicemail number (my cell #) and get to my old voicemails that were saved on there so maybe he missed something. The visual voice mail did work but because of the fact that unless you somehow find a workaround by using a media player that doesn't use your speaker as a default, your voice mails play for everyone to hear. You can of course call the 813-200-0200 and enter your pin to listen to them the old fashion way. Also it's kind of a bummer that the program can't pull names from your contacts (somebody said that fusion is working on this). I have no idea what some of my contacts phone numbers so it doesn't really do me any good that way. Overall cool but not that cool. Called back tech support and had them get rid of it.
This post sums it up. The names aren't there yet, and if that will be an issue for you, you shouldn't switch. I can't wait till the names pull from the address book. I don't mind listening to them in the earpiece because you will have to do that anyways, so its a nice feature to just play it out loud when its not a problem, or if you're like me and you don't even like listening to certain messages you can just delete it without ever calling a number.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

So I take it you can't set it up with a custom answering message?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tiddly Touch Pro

bjeremi is becoming a great contributor

Nice R1 varaff. I don't think you can. At least I didn't ever see the option to set it up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by varaff View Post
So I take it you can't set it up with a custom answering message?
Yes you can, you just have to call your voicemail
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

can someone post the latest cab? i signed up but didn't get a link...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

peerless is a n00b
Re: How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on your Sprint TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Short vesion, this is free the way I set it up but try it at your own "risk" ....

How do you think they do it on the instinct?

Different program same concept...
I'll echo what you've just posted, it is just like the VVM on the Instinct in terms of function, the difference is the UI and Phonefusion has more options than VVM on the Instinct. I don't understand why Sprint won't make Phonefusion a native application on Windows Mobile. In my opinion Sprint is wasting money paying Licensing fees to Klausner Tech for VVM which the Instinct uses. I had the Instinct the VVM rarely worked, to my understanding the VVM is still plagued with problems.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
e.

To do that, after you log-in, click on the "Fusion Voicemail Plus Destination" under the "Voicemail Options Plus" menu. Then scroll down and click, "send link"
After you get the Link, install it to your main memory...
Instructions in the first post...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

peerless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
If you're still having trouble try this link: http://members.phonefusion.com/downl...ws_Current.cab

Note: You might have to be logged into your Phonefusion account to download.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro