PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on your Sprint TP for Free

but for the record i called several times after i got it, no charges
and have gotten 2 bills since then, and no extra charges
Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
oh wow, i hope this isnt the case!
but why cant it be that , just like u would check your sprint voicemail, it dials phonefusion because the number to sprint voicemail has simply been changed to the 813 number?
like the basis here, is to actually make no changes to call forwarding, no answer etc,the only thing to change is the number that sprint's voicemail goes to

because to my understand, they dont turn off sprint voicemail, u just change the number that sprint voicemail points to? if thats the case then I could see why dialing my cellphone goes to phonefusion: sprint voicemail is on, just that the number for sprint voicemail is now 813blah...
understand?
correct they are changing it to the new number you give them which is 813200200. So if they change it, your old voicemail number is gone, so by you trying to call it, thats why we get this is no longer a sprint recognized voicemail number.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
but for the record i called several times after i got it, no charges
and have gotten 2 bills since then, and no extra charges
ok, so don't even trip then. I've gotten my bill and no charges also, so we're both good.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
correct they are changing it to the new number you give them which is 813200200. So if they change it, your old voicemail number is gone, so by you trying to call it, thats why we get this is no longer a sprint recognized voicemail number.
but when u call it, shouldnt u be calling whatever number sprints voicemail is switched to? like basically sprints voicemail should never get a call forwarded it, because no link/number points to it

can you explain why/how if you dial your phonenumber, it would get sent to sprints voicemail when sprints voicemail forwarding number no longer is attached to your cellphone number??
Like when you call your number from your cell, or even from your house or business, no matter what, the only voicemail number to be seen is the 8132000200 number correct? Im just trying to figure out how sprint says that 813 is an invalid number on their system,because u should have no way of connecting to your old sprint voicemail correct?(cause the number has been change) how are u able to do that?

Last edited by jupiter; 01-07-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
but when u call it, shouldnt u be calling whatever number sprints voicemail is switched to? like basically sprints voicemail should never get a call forwarded it, because no link/number points to it

can you explain why/how if you dial your phonenumber, it would get sent to sprints voicemail when sprints voicemail forwarding number no longer is attached to your cellphone number??
Like when you call your number from your cell, or even from your house or business, no matter what, the only voicemail number to be seen is the 8132000200 number correct? Im just trying to figure out how sprint says that 813 is an invalid number on their system,because u should have no way of connecting to your old sprint voicemail correct?(cause the number has been change) how are u able to do that?
correct sprints number is no longer attached which is why we get that error message when we call. But you don't get an error message, you get forwarded to your new voicemail number you gave them. it says 813 is an invalid number because your actual phone number is still your number, but we just changed the voicemail number. Since we changed it, when you dial your number you have to access sprints voicemail service because your phone number is still tied to sprint, and when you access sprints voicemail system, your voicemail number has been changed but your still in sprints system, and since sprint is not providing you with the 813 number you get an error. When you dial the 813 directly, your not accessing sprints voicemail service, you're accessing phone fusion, i hope this explains it, but its hard for me to put in writing sorry, I was a business & engineering major, meaning i'm good at math not writing.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

jupiter im in the same case as you and whenever i call my own number from my phone i hear my phonefusiongreating like i could leave a message to myself.
hopefully we got it right. i called sprint to ask them if i had any forwarding charges but they said i had to wait till the bill was issued to see it. i was like wtf
Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
jupiter im in the same case as you and whenever i call my own number from my phone i hear my phonefusiongreating like i could leave a message to myself.
hopefully we got it right. i called sprint to ask them if i had any forwarding charges but they said i had to wait till the bill was issued to see it. i was like wtf
i wouldn't worry because he's had his for 2 months and no charge. I've had mine for over 2 bill cycles now and I have no charge, so if you're in his boat or mine your good to go. if they set it up and you can still access your old voicemail inbox then you have a problem. Kind of weird though because I called regular customer care and asked about forwarding charges just to do it, and he checked and said there were none, then I asked would you even be able to see them before the end of the bill cycle he said of course. He said he could see how much data, minutes, or any charge, even purchases thru sprint that were on my account and no forwarding charges.

Last edited by p-slim; 01-07-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Checked back again, still no charges....
And for the record when I dial my own number I get my voicemail, like I could leave a voicemail also, I also changed my VM speed dial to 813-200-0200 and I can listen to my voicemail like that....
Also I called sprint to do it on my GF's phone, again they had no problem changing the number the first time...guess I'm just lucky...
Anyway I was curious so I started asking the Rep questions, because my GF really didn't care whether she had it or not...

I asked him if it was against policy to do this and he said he wasn't aware of reason why it would be, but he was just a Rep...

So I guess it all depends on who you get but still, there is no reason this should be against there policy, they don't even mention it and many reps don't have a problem doing it...

Remember YRMV
Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i if they set it up and you can still access your old voicemail inbox then you have a problem.
This is key, as long as this is the case, you should be golden
Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
This is key, as long as this is the case, you should be golden
you are right, I talked to a tech at sprint when I called and set mine up and he understood what I was trying to do and he told me that by changing the VM number you are basicaly not forwarding. the tech also said that because the way I had him set this up that I would not get charged, so I had him note that to my account. so from now on my VM # is 813200200.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro