PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

eam47 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [03/21/2009 Added Modified Icon Set] Modded VGA HTC Home w/ Basic HHC Support

Dear Banzaiwolfe,
I just have to join the others in expressing my thanks. I spend some time searching web and this is one of most useful things on this topic. From my side I don't know if you will find my experience useful or if you can advice what I should do better to get it fully working on my machine: I have installed both banzai htc and hhc vga on the machine. App launcher is able to add/change items only via hhc which I think is not a big deal (without hhc I had only comm manager and after pushing plus it always adding File explorer only without giving a choice). But Contacts tab is unfortunatelly not functioning at all. I see only the boxes with pluses and if I touch them nothing happens. hhc does not have this item for customisation as I see so basically there is no other way how to add contacts to the tab. Weather working no problems, profile manager giving only ring and no ring, vibration is missing but thats minor issue. Music manager I am not using so do not know.
Would you be so kind to give me some hints on how to fix the contacts tab please?
My configuration: MDA Vario IV (t mobile branded HTC Touch Pro) with Czech localization in ROM called 1.69.113.8 CSY Date of ROM 21/08.2008 Radio: 1.02.25.19 Protocol ver: 52.33.25.17U
Many many thanks in advance.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: [03/21/2009 Added Modified Icon Set] Modded VGA HTC Home w/ Basic HHC Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam47 View Post
Dear Banzaiwolfe,
I just have to join the others in expressing my thanks. I spend some time searching web and this is one of most useful things on this topic. From my side I don't know if you will find my experience useful or if you can advice what I should do better to get it fully working on my machine: I have installed both banzai htc and hhc vga on the machine. App launcher is able to add/change items only via hhc which I think is not a big deal (without hhc I had only comm manager and after pushing plus it always adding File explorer only without giving a choice). But Contacts tab is unfortunatelly not functioning at all. I see only the boxes with pluses and if I touch them nothing happens. hhc does not have this item for customisation as I see so basically there is no other way how to add contacts to the tab. Weather working no problems, profile manager giving only ring and no ring, vibration is missing but thats minor issue. Music manager I am not using so do not know.
Would you be so kind to give me some hints on how to fix the contacts tab please?
My configuration: MDA Vario IV (t mobile branded HTC Touch Pro) with Czech localization in ROM called 1.69.113.8 CSY Date of ROM 21/08.2008 Radio: 1.02.25.19 Protocol ver: 52.33.25.17U
Many many thanks in advance.

Since the installer was built with the WWE files and your phone has Czech localization, it's highly possible the phone is looking for different language files that just aren't there. When I get home from work tonight I'll see about renaming the files to something that would work for you (they would still be English, just renamed), and then have you try that out.

If that ends up not working, there are registry entries that store the data for the favorites.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have attempted changing all references to WWE (0409) to Czech (0405) in the attached .cab file. Before you install this, disable the plugin and uninstall the one you have currently. Also, because I have no way to test this, make sure you have all your stuff backed up just in case it screws something up. Please let me know if it worked.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Banzai HTC Home VGA - Czech.CAB (3.42 MB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Lurker

eam47 is a n00b

Dear Banzai, sorry for replying late but you know family, work, kids eating free time Many many thanks, your adjustment is working with Czech ROM now. There are some minor bugs but I am grateful to you for this already. Few bugs, if you are interested, are:

a) The stripe under the clock on the home screen that has links to outlook, sms and call registry, the outlook link and sms both link only to sms folder so outlook view you do not get directly from home. May be its not problem of HTC Home because it works once when you switch in the message center to outlook but when you once enter the sms/mms folder it only shows sms/mms forlder when you push the outlook button on the home screen of HTC afterwards.

b) Profile tab shows only ring or silent so no vibration mode available

Otherwise all perfect, now we can all forget this slow TouchFlo3d!

Again many many thanks and all the best!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam47 View Post
Dear Banzai, sorry for replying late but you know family, work, kids eating free time Many many thanks, your adjustment is working with Czech ROM now. There are some minor bugs but I am grateful to you for this already. Few bugs, if you are interested, are:

a) The stripe under the clock on the home screen that has links to outlook, sms and call registry, the outlook link and sms both link only to sms folder so outlook view you do not get directly from home. May be its not problem of HTC Home because it works once when you switch in the message center to outlook but when you once enter the sms/mms folder it only shows sms/mms forlder when you push the outlook button on the home screen of HTC afterwards.

b) Profile tab shows only ring or silent so no vibration mode available

Otherwise all perfect, now we can all forget this slow TouchFlo3d!

Again many many thanks and all the best!
For your first issue, can you look on your Outlook options (the screen where it lists your accounts) and see if the box is checked for "Display account picker when opening Messaging"? Don't know if that's the issue or not, but it is something that is checked on mine.

As for b), I don't think I can do anything about that. I can only do minor hex edits to the files. Anything past that isn't possible for me.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Lurker

eam47 is a n00b

Never mind for the rest, I am happy with as it is anyway. Checking the box on my system forces me everytime I go into "messages" via this button to pick the exchange outlook account which is similar pain as to switch to exchange in already opened outlook. But as I say its not big deal. Many many thanks again for your help.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I plan on picking this thing up again as far as themes go, I'll see what I can come up with. If there are any specific icons that anyone has that they would like to be used in an icon set, I can probably do that too.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

I can't believe I've never seen this thread before (probably because I don't have a touch pro)! Thanks Banzai! I've been using MichyPrima from XDA's BigHTCHome for a while on my diamond, even used it on indagroove's grooverom 5 with little to no problems. My only complaint has been rotate screen would freeze on the second rotate if you didn't delete and recreate the shortcut on every soft reset. I just installed your version and it also seems to have issues with this. Deleting the shortcut from the launch menu and recreating it seems to fix it, but I hate having to do that daily. Also, after I delete it, the rotate screen icon is not restored when the shortcut is selected! Any ideas why (on both questions)? Any fix(s) for this? The home tab customization option is a great addition (although it could be more readable). The only other issue is that when I set the clock to be on top in all screens, it supresses the battery meter. Any way to have both? HHC customization seems slick, but I don't think I'll use it. I saw a message which implies there's a v2 of HHC, does that work on VGA?

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Last edited by etski; 06-18-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by etski View Post
I can't believe I've never seen this thread before (probably because I don't have a touch pro)! Thanks Banzai! I've been using MichyPrima from XDA's BigHTCHome for a while on my diamond, even used it on indagroove's grooverom 5 with little to no problems. My only complaint has been rotate screen would freeze on the second rotate if you didn't delete and recreate the shortcut on every soft reset. I just installed your version and it also seems to have issues with this. Deleting the shortcut from the launch menu and recreating it seems to fix it, but I hate having to do that daily. Also, after I delete it, the rotate screen icon is not restored when the shortcut is selected! Any ideas why (on both questions)? Any fix(s) for this? The home tab customization option is a great addition (although it could be more readable). The only other issue is that when I set the clock to be on top in all screens, it supresses the battery meter. Any way to have both? HHC customization seems slick, but I don't think I'll use it. I saw a message which implies there's a v2 of HHC, does that work on VGA?
I'm not sure about your issue with the screen rotation unfortunately, I just tried it on mine and had no issue using it more than twice. I just did it about 10 times. As for the icon not coming back, it tends to come back after reloading the plugin or restarting the device.

What message are you referring to about a v2 of HHC? I haven't heard of that.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
I'm not sure about your issue with the screen rotation unfortunately, I just tried it on mine and had no issue using it more than twice. I just did it about 10 times. As for the icon not coming back, it tends to come back after reloading the plugin or restarting the device.

What message are you referring to about a v2 of HHC? I haven't heard of that.

1) The screen rotation freeze problem is just weird. Do you install to device or internal storage? I never have the freeze problem with htchome2, so that works for me, I believe it installed directly to device, but I tried yours to device as well, at times I tried other versions to internal storage.

2) I realize now my time/battery meter question is completely off topic, it has nothing to do with the today home plug-in, any thoughts though?

3) I think the message I saw about v2 was right in hhc, either during install or viewing the website through preview or download. I didn't play with it that long before I realized it had nothing I really wanted. I think basic black has the best readability and probably the best battery conservation so I deinstalled it and moved right on to htchome2 and success!

4) Have you tried this with any 6.5 roms? Any problems? I liked my older version on grooverom 5 a lot, it worked really well, but I thought that's when my rotate problems started. But now I'm back on Sprint revised shipped and I still had the problems, maybe going back to 6.5 soon with htchome2! Can I install this with Sashimi or is it tricky since you should turn tf3d or windows default(platinum) off before installing or does it not matter at all? Any thoughts? I'm thinking about using Sashimi or UC so I can try more roms with less per flash overhead.

Thanks again, I'm really excited about having this version running!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro