PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: replacement touch pro has yellowish screen?

Ol yeller! This is a sad fact of HTC phones on Sprint. Mogul, Touch, Diamond, Pro.... they all have this issue. Some have nice crisp cold white screens, other have soft yellow screens. The Cold white screens are nice when you are looking at white web pages and the tf3d clock looks nice and white and everything thats white looks nice and white. In the yellow screen.. everything thats suppose to be white looks yellowish... The only good thing about the yellow screen is that the pictures do look better, since it gives them a warmer look to them. Personal opinion... RETURN it. And settle for a crisp cold white screen. I dont look at pictures as much as web pages. So I rather have a cold white screen.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:49 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i'm gonna call them after the holidays... i was contemplating just taking apart the phones and swapping the screens, and sending them my old one back with the new screen, but at the risk of breaking one, or both phones, and being really screwed, i decided against it.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Toucj Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PdaAddict is a n00b

so are all new tps now with these yellowish screen or does it vary?
Old 12-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

My two replacements both had screens yellower than the original, however I've found it is only noticeable when directly comparing the two. The yellower one still looks fine to me at least, bright enough, and it is MUCH more responsive. I'd rather have a slightly warmer colored screen with good sensitivity than ****ty sensitivity with it looking better.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
My two replacements both had screens yellower than the original, however I've found it is only noticeable when directly comparing the two. The yellower one still looks fine to me at least, bright enough, and it is MUCH more responsive. I'd rather have a slightly warmer colored screen with good sensitivity than ****ty sensitivity with it looking better.
When you say more responsive... Are you referring to the screen or the device itself?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

The screen. It reminds me of the moguls screen, I can just ever so lightly press anyplace, even on the edges, and have it pick up my touches. My original Touch Pro didn't seem that bad once I got used to it, but there is definitely a difference.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
The screen. It reminds me of the moguls screen, I can just ever so lightly press anyplace, even on the edges, and have it pick up my touches. My original Touch Pro didn't seem that bad once I got used to it, but there is definitely a difference.
To be honest, I find the TP's screen MUCH more responsive than the Mogul. It's probably as responsive as the Mogul around the edges only.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Noob

How old is yours? I bought mine on launch day, and while it wasn't bad, it was no where near as sensitive as my Mogul. Tweaking sensitivity didn't help either.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
How old is yours? I bought mine on launch day, and while it wasn't bad, it was no where near as sensitive as my Mogul. Tweaking sensitivity didn't help either.
I got mine on the 5th of November [remember remember the 5th of November... lol]
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i'm not noticing any differences of sensitivity, nor responsiveness. they are equally as good in the center, and equally as bad on the edges. and this is with the exact restore file from sprite being installed. no differences whatesoever, just the yellow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro