PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: replacement touch pro has yellowish screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterlarry View Post
This might sound dumb but is the brightness set to the same on both phones? Turn them both up to max and compare. Post another pic of that so we can get a good idea of what’s going on here…

GML
That was going to be my question too.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

they were both set to exactly halfway.. i can set them to max too if you want.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I noticed this as well with my replacement, of course I have the mysterious bright spots all over my screen too. Waiting for Sprint to send me a replacement... still.....

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:10 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Where hve you been Baff!! sorry bout your TP...
Old 12-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I've been working on other stuff, heh.

For reference, there are pics of the replacement Sprint sent me over here. They made me send back my good pro with cracked chrome (or else I'd have to pay the $200 fee or whatever) and keep this heap of **** until my next replacement comes in. Wasn't too happy about that one. It's funny though, because the spots on the screen change every day. I actually had the middle 1/3 of the screen just blue for a few hours the other day, i swear this phone is possessed or something.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Drooiiid
Carrier: Verizon

PR_S14 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
they were both set to exactly halfway.. i can set them to max too if you want.
Was the auto dimming feature turned on? That may cause a disparity between the 2.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:04 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

no, i turned that off. you can't set the brightness with auto dimming on, the options are grayed out.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The yellowness is not a brightness or dimming problem. It is a color temperature issue with the backlight bulb.

I have had four TPs now, and two right in front of me. I've seen three different shades of color temp backlight.

I have also had three Diamonds, and each had a different color temp backlight.

They range from very yellow to slightly yellow to one TP that was very white (higher color temp).

I compared these phones on the same screen (Programs or Settings menu, white background) with brightness manually set. Compared to my Centro, they are all very yellow. The Centro's LCD color temp is much higher.

I'm guessing it is either a quality control issue or different suppliers. Manufacturing date did not seem to matter, it's a toss up.

I made this post some time ago and includes some comments and pictures in the thread (look for links):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41533

Edit: BTW, each of these devices were purchased new, not replacements.

Last edited by snovvman; 12-25-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Personally I think that is unacceptable. You should get a replacement of EQUAL or greater value... That is NOT equal to your previous device. Call up CS and explain the issue.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:53 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Personally I think that is unacceptable. You should get a replacement of EQUAL or greater value... That is NOT equal to your previous device. Call up CS and explain the issue.
I agree you should get a new one. I would not be a happy camper that I had to be the one that had to deal with it ether. good luck brother!

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro