PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

no you dont need the tool

and you should just go to yoru gps settings in googlemaps and set it up for comm and baud

comm 4
baud 4800

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

So much for my hopes and dreams of using Googlemaps. This morning I set the settings as you suggested and I still got the same thing, it just said initializing gps and timed out. Also for some reason HTC GPS tool could not fix satellites any longer.

I dont know why but I guess apparently Im the only one who cant get his googlemaps working with this fix. So frustrating. I do not like VZ Navigator maps because they take too long to refresh when moving around. All I want is to be able to use googlemaps with gps. Its really not that much to ask for. %&@#ing VZW.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

Just out of curiosity, has anybody tried the Valhalla GPS server for the Titan on the TouchPro?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JoJoCal19 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
So much for my hopes and dreams of using Googlemaps. This morning I set the settings as you suggested and I still got the same thing, it just said initializing gps and timed out. Also for some reason HTC GPS tool could not fix satellites any longer.

I dont know why but I guess apparently Im the only one who cant get his googlemaps working with this fix. So frustrating. I do not like VZ Navigator maps because they take too long to refresh when moving around. All I want is to be able to use googlemaps with gps. Its really not that much to ask for. %&@#ing VZW.
Bump.. Bored or anyone else have any idea what is up with this? Any idea of anything else I can try maybe?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
Bump.. Bored or anyone else have any idea what is up with this? Any idea of anything else I can try maybe?
Have you run QuickGPS to get a new almanac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnutt View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anybody tried the Valhalla GPS server for the Titan on the TouchPro?
It wont work with this device
Old 03-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mustangcoupe is a n00b

I do have problems once in a while and need to run the tool to (i guess) "prime" it. Usually on startup if I let the battery die... Is there a way to automate it? open and click the right buttons?

Also I cant get the QuickGps to install, something about a missing cert. anyone have a link to a working version of it? any special instructions to installing? I tried to soft boot and install but it still wouldn't.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've never had luck installing Quick GPS from a cab format..But its always worked when cooked into the ROM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

when i cabbed it in i had to try to update and let it fail... soft reset and tried again with success

and the certificate issue is becaue you didnt install the sdkcert.cab posted with quickgps
Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

This is the QuickGPS I made work on my TouchPro. All the rest I found wouldn't install as is. Also you need sdkcert.cab. Looks like Bored beat me to it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8ykyva
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mustangcoupe is a n00b

Thanks guys I'll try that one the other one I got didn't come with the certs file

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro