PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell

planoleg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
dial *22899
It says the number is not assigned(
Old 01-05-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

did you flash a ROM?

what device do you have... sprint tp or vzw tp?

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by planoleg View Post
It says the number is not assigned(
Did you disable the HTC dialer skin? The stock WM6 dialer doesn't recognize that *228 is a programming code. Try *228 then option 1. If that works, let it do its thing. If the roaming indicator persists, then try *22899.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

did you try the new sdkcerts and qgps cab?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Bell

planoleg is a n00b

I tried the new gps cab but I don't know what to do with sdkcerts file. I think I did something wrong. My phone is Bell HTC Pro. First I downloaded the files on the first page to fix gps, but found out that I got that roaming sign. Tried hard reseting but it didn't help. I looked through the forum and found that people say that VZN3 already has this gps fix built in it. So I flashed the that ROM hoping it would fix the roaming problem, but it didn't. I guess I shouldn't have flashed verizon ROM on my Bell phone, because now I can't even flash back to the original stock ROM((
Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Try this... install sdkcerts.cab first ... softreset... then install qgps cab
Thanks. BTW - what is the source of the certificates? I don't want to install some certs that would later allow something malicious to run on my device. Or is this an unavoidable consequence I must live with?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I tried the new gps cab but I don't know what to do with sdkcerts file. I think I did something wrong. My phone is Bell HTC Pro. First I downloaded the files on the first page to fix gps, but found out that I got that roaming sign. Tried hard reseting but it didn't help. I looked through the forum and found that people say that VZN3 already has this gps fix built in it. So I flashed the that ROM hoping it would fix the roaming problem, but it didn't. I guess I shouldn't have flashed verizon ROM on my Bell phone, because now I can't even flash back to the original stock ROM((
Ok if you are on Bell my fix will show you roaming. Let me see if I can get the right file for you that will get rid of that. This Fix was plainly stated as being for Verizon Users. We will have to update your PRL once I get one modded for you. By the way, turn your location on in phone settings and see if your GPS is unlocked with HTC GPS Tool. The sdkcerts arent for you. If you are running Scotts ROM you already have QuickGPS. Give me a few minutes.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPalmOS View Post
Thanks. BTW - what is the source of the certificates? I don't want to install some certs that would later allow something malicious to run on my device. Or is this an unavoidable consequence I must live with?

Developers at xda. The are used to run 3rd party files and programs. It's a developers certificate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Try this... install sdkcerts.cab first ... softreset... then install qgps cab
You are great. That worked!

The program runs, but it does say valid time: expired, but I'm guessing that's ok.

When I try to download over wifi, I get a connection failed message right away. When I try to download over the evdo link, I get the same error, but after 20 seconds or so.

I don't have a great signal in my house, so maybe that's it, but I figure it would work over wifi.

It also failed over ActiveSync.

Getting close.

Any ideas?

Last edited by lexluthor; 01-06-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

Do you know how to do over the air programming with your carrier. If you do, go ahead and do that so you can be sure you are not roaming. It will still show you roaming but I assure you it will be connected to Bell Towers. The issue right now is your phone thinks it's a Verizon Phone and it's looking for a VZW PRL (Preferred Roaming List) not Bell.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro