PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 06:19 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Strange Overheating Started Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Yup. WiFi is always off, BT too. I wonder what caused it, though.

S2U2 had actually stopped appearing after I charged this morning, so maybe there's a connection
Highly likely.

My phone never makes it past 24 hours of uptime before it is soft reset for some reason.

Some process in the background was probably stuck in a loop and eating up all the CPU cycles. It has happened to me a few times. Having Schap's Advanced Task Manager (or any other program that lets you terminate running processes, MemMaid does too) is nice, I can look through and end any that are giving me problems without needing to soft reset.

Next time you notice it happening, just soft reset and all should be well.
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

just sayin it may.... anyway yea it was probably a one time thing

VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You should close all programs when you put it away.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks guys

Lets just hope it doesn't happen again. I really think it was S2U2. Most likely a process error like shadow said.

And I never leave programs open when I turn it off.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks guys

Lets just hope it doesn't happen again. I really think it was S2U2. Most likely a process error like shadow said.

I don't either and it may or may not have been S2U2 but I don't use that program and I have had the same thing happen to me. Also, even when you manually shut off GPS or WiFi, I think sometimes something stays on....the reason I say this is because the last time this happened, I had turned on WiFi to check it and then off. 10 min later the phone was hot as hell but nothing else was on.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks guys

I too have had this happen twice to mine. I don't run S2U2. A soft reset fixed it.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

It could also be that your data connection got stuck on active. I've seen that once or twice. That would keep the radio active and cause both overheating and battery drain.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

"number johnny five is aliiiive"
Old 12-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Happens all the time with mine. It's a Windows Mobile problem. Whenever it switches towers, or goes back and forth from receiving a stronger EVDO vs. 1xRTT signal, bird flys overhead, is a full moon, it usually wakes up on it's own. Mine will wake up on it's own, when I go to and from my Airave's coverage zone.

The problem is that the flush touch screen keeps the Touch Pro from going back to sleep. I never had this problem with the Mogul, and rarely had it with the 6900 Touch despite the fact that it also has a flush screen.

Only solution I have is to keep it out of it's case at night. I also reduced the TFLOsettings Finger Pressure to 900, where I used to have it 1600. I also installed TouchLockPro, which works well, but doesn't always keep it from staying on. But at least it eventually lets my Touch Pro go back to sleep, where I used to wake up and pick my Touch Pro up to find that it completely drained it's battery overnight.

One thing that Apple got right with the iPhone was to go with a capacitive touch screen. Having a non-recessed LCD with resistive touch screen is problematic. But again, I didn't have this problem with my 6900 Touch. So just chalk it up to yet another bug that needs to be fixed with the Touch Pro.

-Ed
Old 12-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Hmm... interesting info, but the screen doesn't stay on. I have my set to max sensitivity and I have TouchResponse installed, so I would feel if the screen was being pressed while in the holster.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro