View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Edwood
Regular 'Geeker

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Strange Overheating Started Today

Happens all the time with mine. It's a Windows Mobile problem. Whenever it switches towers, or goes back and forth from receiving a stronger EVDO vs. 1xRTT signal, bird flys overhead, is a full moon, it usually wakes up on it's own. Mine will wake up on it's own, when I go to and from my Airave's coverage zone.

The problem is that the flush touch screen keeps the Touch Pro from going back to sleep. I never had this problem with the Mogul, and rarely had it with the 6900 Touch despite the fact that it also has a flush screen.

Only solution I have is to keep it out of it's case at night. I also reduced the TFLOsettings Finger Pressure to 900, where I used to have it 1600. I also installed TouchLockPro, which works well, but doesn't always keep it from staying on. But at least it eventually lets my Touch Pro go back to sleep, where I used to wake up and pick my Touch Pro up to find that it completely drained it's battery overnight.

One thing that Apple got right with the iPhone was to go with a capacitive touch screen. Having a non-recessed LCD with resistive touch screen is problematic. But again, I didn't have this problem with my 6900 Touch. So just chalk it up to yet another bug that needs to be fixed with the Touch Pro.

-Ed