PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   A $1.48 goes a long way... Black Battery Cover! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46487)

[sammich] 12-18-2008 05:47 PM

Re: A $1.48 goes a long way... Black Battery Cover!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellcat2007 (Post 586022)
I can confirm that this method works however I used the liquid version of the RIT dye. I also did not have to do any buffing and i think it is because of the liquid versus the powder. I did dye the inside but who cares. Im loving it. I was not very happy when i got mine cause i thought it would be comletely black. The Sprint version has chrome on it and a silver back. Looks a lot better now. I also did not cover the lense for the camera and there is no difference from before I dyed it.

Thanks for the pics!

MaryGladys 12-18-2008 06:20 PM

Sweet! I just dyed mine "Rose Pink"! Yeah, the key is not to get that water too hot - like others said - how hot does your washing machine get??? :-) Makes me want to dye my laptop case......I am thinking about it big time. That was genius! Takes a man to look at something a woman uses regularly and apply it to his world! Haha!

lcbster 12-18-2008 07:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of my diamond cover ones purple and the others black

pokerrus78 12-18-2008 07:40 PM

Can any one post some pics of this on the vogue?

GhettoBSD 12-18-2008 07:46 PM

so who is gonna sell these bad boys? I can hook up free shipping if someone gets a gang of them, ships them to me and then collects money and sends me an email!

seriously hahaha ups 2nd day FTW

lcbster 12-18-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoBSD (Post 586989)
so who is gonna sell these bad boys? I can hook up free shipping if someone gets a gang of them, ships them to me and then collects money and sends me an email!

seriously hahaha ups 2nd day FTW

How many ya looking for?

GhettoBSD 12-18-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcbster (Post 587015)
How many ya looking for?

I only want a blue or light blue one, but if one of you buys a gang and dyes them diff colors, i can ship them out for free! Shoot can do unlimited USPS lol. I can do UPS 2nd day, but eh, after a few dozen it might look suspicious hahaha.

ANYHOW, it's something everyone wants, only some can do, some fook up bad, others have crappy covers to begin with and is easy to do when you do it right.

Seriously, we can work it out!

IMTHATGUY704 12-19-2008 11:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Check out the pics of my diamond covers. Black, black w/orange 704, and the original.

[sammich] 12-19-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMTHATGUY704 (Post 588014)
Check out the pics of my diamond covers. Black, black w/orange 704, and the original.

WHOAAA!!! Aweomse! How did you do that?! Tape?

Zero_Shadow 12-19-2008 12:31 PM

Well I still havent been able to find me one in Atlanta yet and I havent heard from ksemt7781 about doing one for me either so is anybody else willing to do one for me I'll be sure to compensate you for your time. Really starting to want that Black cover ;-) especially after see all yours so far.