PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Razr cords work with the pro

ive used my verizon razr cords and chargers for quite some time now primarily with my old mogul but now with the TP and it charges slower but other than that nothing bad has happened.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If I want to be safe and get a charger for my TP that is 100% going to work and not mess up my pins, where could I get one locally? My best buy doesnt have any accessories yet, I'm sure they are $30+ at Sprint store.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
If I want to be safe and get a charger for my TP that is 100% going to work and not mess up my pins, where could I get one locally? My best buy doesnt have any accessories yet, I'm sure they are $30+ at Sprint store.
I checked sprint. It's 31 bucks.

The way I figure it, I talked to a best buy sales person, told them what phone i had, and they showed me this usb charger. If my phone is messed up because of it, I'll get best buy to replace my phone. I don't think they would sell people a bunch of things for a phone they sell if they had any thought it was damaging to the phone....
Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I checked sprint. It's 31 bucks.

The way I figure it, I talked to a best buy sales person, told them what phone i had, and they showed me this usb charger. If my phone is messed up because of it, I'll get best buy to replace my phone. I don't think they would sell people a bunch of things for a phone they sell if they had any thought it was damaging to the phone....
How quick is the charging and can it keep up with gps/phone talk? I guess I am secondly most concerned about that.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:16 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

When I bought the car charger, I was on my very last bar. I decided to go see a movie, and I left it charging in my car. I saw the new bond movie, and after about 2 hours, the phone was completely charged. I don't know how soon it reached 100% though.

I will say this: From the time it took for me to get from best buy to the movie theater (about 10 minutes) the phone had gone from 1 bar to 3.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Hahaha, charging slower produces less heat, not more. Also, all USB cables are the same, none are going to magically mess up pins unless the cable itself is not right.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
You're just making up reasons to argue with people.
not really its a known issue...ask anyone affiliated with htc...the adapter is made for a reason..apache 6700 mogul 6800 and touch 6900 all had port issues arise from this...so before you assume im just arguing...learn your facts..if you dont believe me call htc and ask for your self...different design for a reason....but do you...but remember when it screws up...think of me cause i told ya so...

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

But if I recall correctly, they designed those ports specifically so it would work with standard USB 5-pin, but still allow them to have added functions.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
not really its a known issue...ask anyone affiliated with htc...the adapter is made for a reason..apache 6700 mogul 6800 and touch 6900 all had port issues arise from this...so before you assume im just arguing...learn your facts..if you dont believe me call htc and ask for your self...different design for a reason....but do you...but remember when it screws up...think of me cause i told ya so...
I call shenanigans. Of course they are going to tell you to use their charger(and try to scare you into thinking another charger will foobar the phone), it will set you back an extra 30 bucks and they get a piece of the pie with each one you get. the port problems are far more likely from people just jamming whichever plug they are using and setting the phone at odd angles while plugged in eventually breaking the soldered connections. I have used razer chargers and other motorola chargers on my mogul for over a year with nary a problem(with the charger at least).
Old 11-18-2008, 10:56 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I call shenanigans. Of course they are going to tell you to use their charger(and try to scare you into thinking another charger will foobar the phone), it will set you back an extra 30 bucks and they get a piece of the pie with each one you get. the port problems are far more likely from people just jamming whichever plug they are using and setting the phone at odd angles while plugged in eventually breaking the soldered connections. I have used razer chargers and other motorola chargers on my mogul for over a year with nary a problem(with the charger at least).
Totally.
The only thing that I can think of a mini USB not working if the manufacturer make the pins shorter so it will not make contact with other brands mini USB. That way it will be proprietary to them but still following the standards. interchanging the positions of those wires might cause short circuit but I don't think they gonna do that because they gonna destroy a lot of device. Specially for people that are just curious if it works in their devices since it fits.. And that's a huge lawsuit and violation of standards.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 11-19-2008 at 01:41 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro