PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

raziel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does anyone else have a crack in the chrome?

I had two cracks on the chrome of my phone along with the rainbow ring. I dropped my phone this morning hard and the vibrate didn't work properly. I took it into the Sprint Store to report the vibrating problem and they replaced it with a brand new one still in the box (they let me keep the new box and accesories!) no questions asked and free of charge! These past few weeks I have been tempted to switch to an iPhone but after experiencing such great customer service from Sprint, I will be staying with them for a very long time!

visit louie tran spot! a blog for geeks by a geek
Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djfujiyama is just getting started

How do you tell if the liquid detector sticker is flagged?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfujiyama View Post
How do you tell if the liquid detector sticker is flagged?
Solid red I think

If it has a red X pattern, it's fine.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Bringing this old thread back up

My luck ran out.... My phone started to Crack, and then very quickly crumble on the side. It is in a spot that is impossible to happen from a drop unless the phone fell perfectly parallel to the floor..... but then I would suppose I would have issues on that entire side.

Any who....I am one of the few original Best Buy purchasers, build date of 10/14/08, bought on the Best Buy launch date. Well anywho, I take painful measures to take care of the phone, to ensure it stays pristine. I carry it in the OEM case, never been dropped yadayadayada.

Over the past few months I have been watching these threads with my fingers crossed, hoping it would never happen to me. Just a few weeks ago it happened. Barely noticeable hairline fractures, and then all of a sudden Chrome Plastic pieces are falling out.

I sent Ecare a request (coated with lots of nicities and sugar) for a new replacement, and I let them know I was within the ESN range.. A1000007800572 through A1000007805C7A. Fingers are crossed, and I am hoping for a new one!
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jkobe is a n00b

I thought I would share my experience. I also bought my TP at the launch date at Bestbuy. My chrome started rubbing off at the corners about a month after using the phone. I take care of mine like a fine sportscar. Anyway, after reading this thread today, I decided to call customer care. I politely stated that I have a friend who is a Sprint employee and told me of a memo regarding the chrome issue. My phone fall within the numbers of the affected phones. The Customer care put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back and said she would send me a NEW (not refurbished) touch pro, charger and battery as well as a return kit for my old phone. Thanks so much to the OP regarding this. I'm happy to know that I am getting a brand spanking new phone in a couple of days.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Well, I got the run around on the first email. Sent a more emphatic message with the link showing the defect.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Thumbs down Another Cracked Chrome!

Well, unfortunately I've been thinking I was one of the lucky few to get an early Sprint Touch Pro and not suffer from defective chrome. Out of the blue today, I noticed a crack in my chrome, all the way through it. Not the usual corner crease that some complain of either. It's on the side of the chrome around the middle of the device. This really really sucks, bad!

I am also one of the many with a Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon network. That puts me in a predicament. I could send off the phone to PCD for repair, however there is no guarantee I will still be able to get it to connect to VZW afterwards. I basically know I only have a couple of options here, however I don't like my odds. Any sensible suggestions?

Look at this, here are some pics! This phone has never even been dropped or anything either! Pathetic!

Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Another Cracked Chrome!

i know its not but it looks factory, like its ment to be there. i really cant tell its there.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

No, it's definitely not factory, it's actually very jagged and hasn't been there since I bought it in November. Just appeared. I have inspected my chrome numerous times, trying hard to see the crease that everyone else has complained of. After looking real good I could see it. However this was not even visible at all at the time. It has cracked all the way through the chrome trim and I can actually notice a slight bow on that side of the device now. I have attached a higher resolution image for anyone who is curious to see it better.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Hi res. crack.rar (3.60 MB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i would keep it. you can use your trade in card later.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro