PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 03:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does anyone else have a crack in the chrome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzilla View Post
mine has it too. I am certain its just part of manufacturing. To be honest i dont know how the hell you guys all point these things out. I can barely see it.
I am with you..lol...I can barely see it myself if that....but hey..there is one way to get a replacement in the future, when my TP looks like crap a couple of yrs down the road, right now it is working with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfillinit View Post
i am a tech with sprint, and yes, there is a sprint memo going around and YES, if you have a crack in the chrome you can go to a local sprint store and have it exchanged.
imfillinit, could you get the date of the memo and other important info for future usage to have as proof when going to a sprint store.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-11-2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzilla View Post
mine has it too. I am certain its just part of manufacturing. To be honest i dont know how the hell you guys all point these things out. I can barely see it.
It is part of the manufacturing. It is a "molding" crease from the casing mold. I have one in the corner of mine too. But as long as it doesn't effect the way my phone functions and most people don't even see it no big deal. There are more important things to be concerned with in this world.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Creatve is a n00b

well i received my phone and just like djfujiyama i got a refurbished phone (build date 1/19/09). i called sprint tech support again and told them that i was suppose to receive a new phone and the guy i talked to was kind enough to correct the problem. so now they are sending me a new phone and im going to be sending back the refurbished phone. i noticed on the refurbished phone the liquid detector sticker was activated...hopefully on the 28th i'll have a new phone
Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
It is part of the manufacturing. It is a "molding" crease from the casing mold. I have one in the corner of mine too. But as long as it doesn't effect the way my phone functions and most people don't even see it no big deal. There are more important things to be concerned with in this world.
This is 100% correct for the first post. the simplest mode is a 2 part mold(cavity and core) with the possibility to add sliders to get more complex moldings. So what your seeing is the part line of the mold or even flash. so for a simple comparison its like saying my pop bottle is cracked because theres two lines going down the length of the bottle (to anyone in plastics i know they use blow molding and not injection molding). To those that have chrome chipping off i feel for you and that is a problem but this close of inspection will only cause worries. Now if you see a line that isn't strait then theres something to worry about.

flash:

complex mold:

part line:

images were from google image search

Old 11-11-2008, 04:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Zayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZayebis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

nice and clean here
Old 11-11-2008, 04:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch PRO

cssmostdumbest is a n00b

mine has chipped on the side and a crack but i think mine is a crack in the plastic not just the chrome
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor

Nice clean crack lower left-hand corner here.

10/13 build date.

Also, earpiece speaker is getting fuzzier by the day. Though I skipped the issues with this phone. Oh well.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I have a chunk of chrome missing by the stylus. These lines seem to be part of how the chrome is done, and honestly, its not even noticeable. Is the new wave of Touch Pros better than the first? If so, I may as well get a new one, even though I haven't been having any battery or earpiece issues.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

For those of you having issues with the chrome on the Pro's. A buddy of mine took his in becasue he dropped in from two feet on smooth concrete and the chrome cracked and damaged the case a bit. No other issues wiht the phone, only physical damage.

Appearently there is an issue with the case and chrome on the first run Pro's. When he took the phone to the Sprint store they swapped it out no questions asked. He was tod that the first run Pro had an issue and Sprint was aware of them. The solution was to swap the phone out with a new one.

I am sure that there are some requirements that they have to satisfy in order ot swap it out, but it is worth a try.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Im a PROfessional

znoble15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
For those of you having issues with the chrome on the Pro's. A buddy of mine took his in becasue he dropped in from two feet on smooth concrete and the chrome cracked and damaged the case a bit. No other issues wiht the phone, only physical damage.

Appearently there is an issue with the case and chrome on the first run Pro's. When he took the phone to the Sprint store they swapped it out no questions asked. He was tod that the first run Pro had an issue and Sprint was aware of them. The solution was to swap the phone out with a new one.

I am sure that there are some requirements that they have to satisfy in order ot swap it out, but it is worth a try.
Also dropped mine from 1 foot and the thing cracked, and then chrome started turning black over the next week.. also, after 2 months of use the screen was sliding out crooked, and i barely txt on this phone, i use the blackberry for that. and right above the volume buttons it just peeled off randomly one day.. it seems like the cheome on these things are like fingernails, and all of a sudden one day it chips or is hanging off!!! oh and BTW it was one of the very first ones, and i called and said i was having all kinds of software problems and they replaced it.. the new one is alot better.. feels sturdier, and on the bottom panel, before if i would push the 'end' key it would tilt the whole panel.. doesnt do it anymore!.. so there is definitly a considerable difference between the first and secxond wave TPs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro