PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does anyone else have a crack in the chrome?

Its not really like a crack. Its more like a crease, but I can see it splitting in the future. Is Sprint really aware of this?
Old 11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Its not really like a crack. Its more like a crease, but I can see it splitting in the future. Is Sprint really aware of this?
Yes Sprint is aware of this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
in 30 days or any time???
30 Day Rule does not apply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
HAHA! I jusy checked mines and its smooth all around. But my gf's pro does have it. Please..can you guys show us the memo sprint has over these cracks... then I can take it to them... I hate to stand in line to be told its fine.
As I stated in my previous post, Sprint is aware of it. And will swap it out for free. If you are afraid of standing in line, give your local store a call if they say they don't know anything about it, tell them to check the known issues log. It is there....
Old 11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
Yes Sprint is aware of this issue.

30 Day Rule does not apply here.

As I stated in my previous post, Sprint is aware of it. And will swap it out for free. If you are afraid of standing in line, give your local store a call if they say they don't know anything about it, tell them to check the known issues log. It is there....
Ahhh thxs. Honestly I am not afraid to stand in line. Its just the time involved in standing in line. eheheh. Anyways... I took a closer look at mines and guess what? Freaking very slight hairlive creas is there too.... damn. Just when I though I had a good Pro. I will just live with it for the next 25 days and see how it goes.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

clean
Old 11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned User

oK.. FURTHER INSPECTION WITH A MAGNIFYING glass... I now have 2 cracks. I will wait till the 29th day and call Sprint and hope they send me another one thats from the new updated batch.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Manny Oliveira is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Manny Oliveira
Exclamation Anyone get scratches on their chrome yet?

Be careful guys! I noticed a little scratch on the chrome about 5 days ago...it's gotten bigger!! This is some cheappp material..so watch out and don't let your phone get scratched.. I already found another scratch at the bottom left corner today...I take really good care of my phone, never dropped it..and it's always either in my hand or in my pocket..and when it's charging..it's on my window, but the windows is topped by a nice kind of thick table cloth...so I don't see where this scratches are coming from! Be careful. I'm going to see if i can exchange this one by complaining it's overheating and put a full bodyshield on the next one. Anyone suggest any other kind of protection?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Anyone get scratches on their chrome yet?

There are already two threads regarding this, and sprint appears to be exchanging the phones. Take it to your nearest store, especially if you are within 30 days.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Re: Anyone get scratches on their chrome yet?

same thing happened to me, and i simply returned it and went with a Pro. Much better earpiece and build quality. Whatever HTC did to the Pro its built like a piece of crap and the materials they used like the chrome is cheaply done.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

hmmm i hate to say it but itotally called problems with the chrome http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=13 the first few days it was out. Chrome on phones is ALWAYS a bad idea because its the first thing to scratch or flake off- its just the process of doing it to plastic its a sucky quality thing to put on a phone that people put in pockets and wear and tear on.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 11-12-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned User

Yup, chrome on plastic never works out. Its a marriage made in hell. Almost all chrome peels. But it sure does look good!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro