PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Horrible Shutter lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post

as for the samsung instinct comments! that crappy little camera in the instinct that I had, took way way way way better shots indoors than my mogul/touc/touch pro,,, my kids could be romping in the floor and it would come out clear,,, but now on my touch pro i pretty much have to duct tape them to the wall to get a non blurry shot of them indoors
That's what I've been saying all along. My Wife has a two year old Samsung flip phone that was $19 new, & it takes great pics (for a camera phone). She snaps pics of the kids all the time that come out just fine that would have been completely impossible to shoot with the POS in the TouchPro.

~John
Old 02-16-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
could the new update from htc fix this? maybe someone who was going to flash anyway would try?
Pretty it's just shiatty hardware. My Touch can take less-blurry (motion) photos.

I'd compare to M1, but that horse has been beat to death.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So has anyone tried the hot fix?? Does it do anything? Doubt it does but worth asking I guess.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

I think we've all come to a consensus a while ago - in order to take pics on the Diamond/TP you must transform into Kabooki Mario.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO Swift

Bradleyj44 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Bradleyj44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
I think we've all come to a consensus a while ago - in order to take pics on the Diamond/TP you must transform into Kabooki Mario.
IT'S TRUE!!!! i've seen great pics from him
Old 02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ccrabbe is a n00b

Read this thread earlier today and just now saw this writeup about some of the basics on digital cameras, it's fairly informative:

http://i.gizmodo.com/5155942/giz-exp...nt-more-better

Basically, the TP has a tiny little sensor and needs to expose it to the light longer to get a decent image... which causes the blur.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrabbe View Post

Basically, the TP has a tiny little sensor and needs to expose it to the light longer to get a decent image... which causes the blur.
True, but that doesn't explain why a two year old $19 flip phone can take a decent pic MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than the $600 TP................

~John
Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ccrabbe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
True, but that doesn't explain why a two year old $19 flip phone can take a decent pic MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than the $600 TP................

~John
The article I linked to explained that by cramming more pixels onto a similarly-sized sensor, the sensor-size for each pixel is smaller, and therefore absorbs less light per unit of time - so you need to have the sensor exposed longer to get the same detail in a photo than you do when there's less pixels on it.

I don't have any idea what the sensor size is on the phone you're comparing it to, but I bet the number of pixels on it was 1.2MP at best... so it probably had a much much much lower exposure time.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
The article I linked to explained that by cramming more pixels onto a similarly-sized sensor, the sensor-size for each pixel is smaller, and therefore absorbs less light per unit of time - so you need to have the sensor exposed longer to get the same detail in a photo than you do when there's less pixels on it.

I don't have any idea what the sensor size is on the phone you're comparing it to, but I bet the number of pixels on it was 1.2MP at best... so it probably had a much much much lower exposure time.
thank goodness, finally someone else approaching it from the digital photography angle.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

I don't have any idea what the sensor size is on the phone you're comparing it to, but I bet the number of pixels on it was 1.2MP at best
You're right, it was. All that shows however is that HTC made a major blunder trying to cram more pixels into it with no idea what they where doing. Instead of a major improvement in the camera, all they came up with was a POS that's damn near impossible to take a decent picture with (it will take a great pic of your couch, but if there's a live child sitting in it you're totally screwed).

I know all about digital camera design, I have a $5,000 Canon DC sitting here that I use for sport shooting. I don't need to read an article on DC design to know that HTC is clueless in this area.

~Johhn

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro