PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Horrible Shutter lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
Because by default it is disabled. .
So, that's what you want -isn't it??

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
So, that's what you want -isn't it??

~John
Yes, and that's already how it is on the TP by default, so setting it to disabled would do nothing and changing the delay time has never done anything; it's a placebo effect.

Last edited by dr g; 01-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:02 PM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipler View Post
OK, so the "advanced config program" is a separate program, not part of the built in configuration tools that come with the phone. Is that right? Because I can't find anything like what you describe in the phone. Also, I searched PPCGeeks site and Google it too and could not find anything but this one thread.
You can get advance config through this post, among other places.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151

The default setting for the Capture Key Delay Time is set at 15,000 something, changing it to 0 WILL make a difference.

Note: I said "Capture Key Delay TIME", not "Capture Key Delay". These are 2 different settings and you can access them both with Advanced Config.

Last edited by GRB; 01-02-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
You can get advance config through this post, among other places.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151

The default setting for the Capture Key Delay Time is set at 15,000 something, changing it to 0 WILL make a difference.

Note: I said "Capture Key Delay TIME", not "Capture Key Delay". These are 2 different settings and you can access them both with Advanced Config.
Changing the delay time does nothing because the delay itself is disabled by default. Note that 15,000 ms is 15 seconds. You would certainly notice 15 seconds of delay.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
Changing the delay time does nothing because the delay itself is disabled by default. .
I agree, but just for curiousity I went in & zeroed out the other setting & just as I figured it made absolutely no detectable difference.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I agree, but just for curiousity I went in & zeroed out the other setting & just as I figured it made absolutely no detectable difference.

~John
Yeah, i wish it were that simple
Old 01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

Thanks to everyone that tested this. Very time consuming trying to figure it all out.

+1 on wishing it was as simple as some people claimed...lol
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Too many problems with Advanced Config just to take a crappy picture 1 second faster. between this site and xda, there is way too much brainpower not to figure this out in a rom tweak or something, isn't there?

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q, PPC-6700, PPC-6800, PPC-6900
Carrier: Alltel, and Cricket

midiology is keeping up the good workmidiology is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbastard View Post
I have a Canon D-Rebel and I love it for taking images, lol.

Although I couldn't imagine the cost of Canon (or Nikon) teaming up with Sprint and HTC to make a pda phone with serious dslr camera capabilities. I just couldn't see a 1DS Mark IV combined with Touch Pro.......
good point,, bad taste.....

We are not trying to get 10 megapixel shots with our cameras,, nor are we trying to make the camera in these phones into a camera they are not,, but we are just trying to make the camera function properly like it is capable...

as for the samsung instinct comments! that crappy little camera in the instinct that I had, took way way way way better shots indoors than my mogul/touc/touch pro,,, my kids could be romping in the floor and it would come out clear,,, but now on my touch pro i pretty much have to duct tape them to the wall to get a non blurry shot of them indoors
Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

could the new update from htc fix this? maybe someone who was going to flash anyway would try?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro