PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Slide out Keyboard Stopped working - wtf???

^^I have to disagree with you that it's a software issue because this happened to me as well, when the keyboard stops working the lights still work and all the hardware keys below the screen on the front stop functioning, right? Soft reset fixes it...until it decides to stop working again. I hard reset, flashed different roms, clean ones, loaded ones, 6.1, 6.5 you see where I'm going with this...it came up in absolutely every single one. It is a defect of some phones, take it to a sprint store and they should replace it promptly. Haven't had any issues with the keyboard on my new one and it seems to be a better build anyway, buttons are more flush, etc.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Wait, we have an IRC channel?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
^^I have to disagree with you that it's a software issue because this happened to me as well, when the keyboard stops working the lights still work and all the hardware keys below the screen on the front stop functioning, right? Soft reset fixes it...until it decides to stop working again. I hard reset, flashed different roms, clean ones, loaded ones, 6.1, 6.5 you see where I'm going with this...it came up in absolutely every single one. It is a defect of some phones, take it to a sprint store and they should replace it promptly. Haven't had any issues with the keyboard on my new one and it seems to be a better build anyway, buttons are more flush, etc.
I agree. Everything seems to work, but doesn't. Worse than that, soon all of it will stop pretending to work. I would take it to Sprint while its still under warranty.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

My keyboard was most definitely NOT a software issue. I hard reset the phone and still nothing. I am on my 2nd TP in 3 weeks. So far so good.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xitanul is a n00b

yup, i'm having this same issue, and sometimes i'll try to type something and when it doesn't work i put the keyboard away and try to use the touch screen but then it acts funny and really slow, like its waiting for some keyboard buffer or something.

i'm def. gonna have to take mine to the sprint store, I haven't flashed any rom
Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
^^I have to disagree with you that it's a software issue because this happened to me as well, when the keyboard stops working the lights still work and all the hardware keys below the screen on the front stop functioning, right? Soft reset fixes it...
Actually a soft reset didn't fix it if I recall. Only uninstalling Remote Desktop Mobile did. Then I re-installed it and a day later it happened again. I uninstalled it a second time and it fixed the problem (without even a soft reset) immediately. I just re-installed it a third time making sure to use internal memory and haven't had the problem yet, so we'll see. My phone is a 3/9/09 build and I've had it only a little over a month. I highly doubt the keyboard (or a connection) is going. Of course, I should also mention that it's been dropped like twice already
Old 04-30-2009, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

mine stopped working again this is my 3rd touch pro hard resets do NOT fix the problem I've done it several times on all the touch pros's I've had uggg once agian waiting on an advance exchange and been about a month since I got this one. man touch pro 2 better fix all these problems.

Last edited by ajac; 04-30-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It seems like everyone has been having TP keyboard issues now...Crazy!!! Looks like i will be taking mine into Sprint Soon.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I hate to be a "me too" person, but my s*** just stopped working today also. I'm so angry because i don't want to go to the sprint store AGAIN!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
My keyboard was most definitely NOT a software issue. I hard reset the phone and still nothing. I am on my 2nd TP in 3 weeks. So far so good.

I concur with the hardware problem not a software problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro