PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: Touch Pro Slide out Keyboard Stopped working - wtf???

Looks like some registry changed are effecting the device on the weather tweak. can you send me the cab so I can verify what registry files are being changed?
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Mr_Sinister is just getting started

mikee4fun, i do not know how to send you a file. The cab is used can be found at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408918

The cab file name is WeatherDatabaseEditor 1.1 Modified.cab

I just noticed that it's a Diamond cab and not a Touch Pro file. I'm hoping this is the problem and not a hardware issue with my phone.

Thanks a ton guys.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

I only see a system.win32.dll file in there in which it is possible there are some shared dependencies with other items on our touch pro. Everything else is simply related to the manila and the weather database. Attached are all the files extracted from the cab. Try to manualy copy over all the files to the windows root leaving the weather database editor shortcut in your start menu or storage card. But if the device fails again there is no way to back out. Its hard reset time again. Really if you install the cab and then soft reset you should be back to normal.
Attached Files
File Type: zip weather hack.zip (451.5 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mikee4fun,

Also, to get the weather hack to work, .Net Framework 3.5 needs to be installed. The following is copied from xda. I used the attached cab file. Maybe the problem is with .Net 3.5?

"install, if not already done, Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 3.5.
The archive size is ~33MB... but the install is only ~3/4MB... you can find standalone .cab on the web. Thx to Fabliv to post it in this thread."
Old 11-02-2008, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

bump to the top
Old 11-02-2008, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Sinister View Post
mikee4fun,

Also, to get the weather hack to work, .Net Framework 3.5 needs to be installed. The following is copied from xda. I used the attached cab file. Maybe the problem is with .Net 3.5?

"install, if not already done, Microsoft .Net Compact Framework 3.5.
The archive size is ~33MB... but the install is only ~3/4MB... you can find standalone .cab on the web. Thx to Fabliv to post it in this thread."
I did not have any issues installing .net 3.5 framework. I did have one odd issue where I could not see the text I typed in PIE from the slide out keyboard. I have hard reset and flashed a couple of times with different page pools and no am not seeing any issue.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mikee4fun,

That sounds just like the problem I was having. I also bet that while your keyboard was not working neither was many of your other buttons.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
mikee4fun,

That sounds just like the problem I was having. I also bet that while your keyboard was not working neither was many of your other buttons.
I will re install .net framework again and post back the results. See me in the irc chat room.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mikee,

Sorry that I have no idea where the irc chat room is? Also, my keyboard and buttons did not cease working right after weather tweak installation. Everything works fine right after install, then after an hour or so, buttons stop working. Maybe has to do with weather updating?? I have no idea. So far, its been 2 hours since last hard reset without reinstalling weather tweak and all is working fine.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
mikee,

Sorry that I have no idea where the irc chat room is? Also, my keyboard and buttons did not cease working right after weather tweak installation. Everything works fine right after install, then after an hour or so, buttons stop working. Maybe has to do with weather updating?? I have no idea. So far, its been 2 hours since last hard reset without reinstalling weather tweak and all is working fine.
Well I have both deployed and I have had no issues as of yet. I will let you know tomorrow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro