PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

timadvancedtech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Slide out Keyboard Stopped working - wtf???

Well, I'm having the same issue. I purchased the phone 3 days ago from a 3rd part 'cell repair' store that does flashes, etc.

I purchased a brand-new HTC Touch Pro 2, still in the box. They flashed it to Cricket and I left. I was a little nervous about the "All Sales are Final" sign posted behind their counter, but whatever.

I paid 229 for it. Last night, my keyboard stopped functioning, along with the front keys (all but the hang up button) and my volume rocker.

Powered off from top button, fixed. . . 2 hours later. . . keyboard stops working again. . . Powered it off, still not working.

Soft reset - fixed.

Went to bed after that. Woke up, keyboard not working. Powered it off - worked. Sent one text message successfully and then viola'. . . not working.

Powered off - didn't work.

Soft Reset - didn't work.
Soft Reset again - worked.

I've soft reset my phone 5-6 times this morning and it has fixed it all but that one time.

I went through and uninstalled every single 3rd party app that I had. Keyboard stopped working.

Soft Reset - fixed.

It's been about an hour now. . . we'll see what happens.

What I'm afraid of is my keyboard screwing up major because I don't have a Sprint store to run to and I can't hard reset my phone without having to take the damned thing back to the guy to pay him 20 bux to flash it again.

If any of you know a way to flash cricket for talk/text/mms/web then please, show me the way.

But, it looks as if this is a hardware problem. If it happens again I'll be pinching the fork out of it to see what happens.

O.o

I'm very upset. I'll keep my blackberry close by just in case.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro