PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 PM
N00b

SBatL8y is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Finally Released Through Telesales

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcoolerthanyouare77 View Post
I'm always calm, collected, and polite. I have never gotten pissed or threatened to cancel, and so far I've not paid anything for a new phone since I got my Apache back in the day. You just have to be very, VERY patient. It took me over 10 calls and probably 15 people today to finally get what I wanted. Anytime they ask if I can hold I say "Absolutely, take your time", anytime they ask how I'm doing I say "I'm fantastic, and how are you?" I don't mind being someone's best freakin' friend for 5 minutes if it saves me half a grand.
That part all makes sense. But then how do you get into the actual conversation over the Touch Pro? Do you mention you're just looking for a new phone? Do you mention how your phone has problems? Do you ask what kinds of deals they can offer you? What exactly do you say?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

i just told em that i wanted to order a touch pro. they asked me for my pin and transfered me to the sero department. then again, i told them i wanted to order a touch pro, again asked for my pin, and thats it. i was done in 10 mins.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wipeout is a n00b

I told them that I wanted to upgrade my Mogul to the Touch Pro and that was all I needed to do. Of course, I had the $150 upgrade available to me according to the website, which they confirmed. Mine was, overall, completely painless. The wait is probably going to kill me.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM
N00b

SBatL8y is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i read your earlier post and didn't see how long have you been with sprint.your tenure might go a long way.

Oh, sorry, I think I switched to Sprint about 7 or 8 years ago.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sptint

cobrakidd03 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBatL8y View Post
What do I say when I call exactly? Any help appreciated.
i spent 3 hrs chatting online with a rep and a supervisor. I wasnt getting anywhere with them, so while i still had them in chat i called retentsions. I have had a billing issue for 5 or 6 months. I finally got the supervisor who i had been chatting with online to credit my account the 98.00. so I checked my account balance today and OMFG!!! there was a credit on there for 160.00!!!!!!!!!!! I also had the retentsions supervisor on the phone and she was gonna credit me 75.00 and i told her that I had it taken care of with the other supervisor. Anyway, i also had to have a new mogul sent to me because of the problems i had with the previous one. I got her to credit the 50.00 insurance deductiable. so all in all iam only spending 38.00 for the touch pro and I have a brand new mogul!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:57 PM
N00b

SBatL8y is a n00b

I don't think that works. I've never gotten the same person twice. I think they have hundreds of people answering phones for them, possibly thousands, lol. I don't think I could just ask for "Brittany"
Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 --> Mogul --> Diamond --> TouchPro

imcoolerthanyouare77 is a n00b

Well, if you have the Mogul or Diamond, and not close to your two year mark, then you should approach it as trying to get defective equipment replaced. If you have valid complaints about your existing handset, you should eventually get offered full retail prica as an exchange. You shouldn't lie, but I'm sure you have quite a few things you're not satisfied with if you own one of those phones. Of course they'll offer you a replacement of the same model, but if you express concern that your issues are inherent in your particular model and you don't relish the idea of swapping phones every few weeks, that may turn the trick. If you get on with them and say "I want a deal", you won't get jack....tell them you just want a viable solution to your issues.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
N00b

SBatL8y is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcoolerthanyouare77 View Post
Well, if you have the Mogul or Diamond, and not close to your two year mark, then you should approach it as trying to get defective equipment replaced. If you have valid complaints about your existing handset, you should eventually get offered full retail prica as an exchange. You shouldn't lie, but I'm sure you have quite a few things you're not satisfied with if you own one of those phones. Of course they'll offer you a replacement of the same model, but if you express concern that your issues are inherent in your particular model and you don't relish the idea of swapping phones every few weeks, that may turn the trick. If you get on with them and say "I want a deal", you won't get jack....tell them you just want a viable solution to your issues.
Well, I don't have Mogul or a Diamond. I have the Razr2. Which, new retail price was $500. And I do have many problems with it. But whenever I have complained about it in the past, I am told basically too bad, because I don't have insurance on it. I was told I could go through Motorola because it was still under warranty, but then I'd be without a phone while mine was shipped off to Motorola being repaired.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Oh, sorry, I think I switched to Sprint about 7 or 8 years ago.
then you have a legit beef.i've been with them 8 years and told the rep "what is sprint willing to do for me to keep me as a customer because with the economy being what it is i can do better things with my money."and as my other post said,i got a pro.they also exchanged my treo for my touch in jan. so you just might have to get to retentions and someone there will ask "what can we do to keep you as a customer?"when you here that,you're in.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 --> Mogul --> Diamond --> TouchPro

imcoolerthanyouare77 is a n00b

Quote:
Well, I don't have Mogul or a Diamond. I have the Razr2. Which, new retail price was $500. And I do have many problems with it. But whenever I have complained about it in the past, I am told basically too bad, because I don't have insurance on it. I was told I could go through Motorola because it was still under warranty, but then I'd be without a phone while mine was shipped off to Motorola being repaired.

They can handle the exchange for you rather than Motorola, though they may not be willing to since you don't have TEP (which I would get if I were you, all it takes is one night, a bottle of tequila, and a fully clothed bath to screw yourself out of that 500 bucks)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro