PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Crappy OEM Touch Pro case

I STILL won't use a case with a magnet closure over the screen. Here's a couple of cases u might like......... http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlca...-case_3260.htm

SCRATCH THAT. Don't know if these will fit on the CDMA Pro

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 10-25-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytv View Post
Did you ever consider the fact that they didn't have to include a case at all?
This isn't Apple. A $700+ retail priced phone should come with a half decent case. Their older phones did.

But yeah. Why include anything? No need for a spare stylus, charger, manual, case, screen protector, yadda yadda.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
I STILL won't use a case with a magnet closure over the screen. Here's a couple of cases u might like......... http://www.boxwave.com/products/dlca...-case_3260.htm

SCRATCH THAT. Don't know if these will fit on the CDMA Pro
I've been using a case with a rather strong magnet in it (the OEM Touch case) and it hasn't cased any problems whatsoever with my Touch for the year that I've had it. Don't see why a magnet would be an issue, there isn't a HDD inside.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Aluron.com usually has some nice cases available. Not much selection right now. Hopefully some better ones will pop up soon.

http://www.cases.com/touch-pro.htm
Old 10-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Re: Holsters & Video Cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
I'm not really sure how I should carry this thing around until the holsters come out. It's just a LITTLE too big to carry in my pocket and I could not hate the carrying case that it comes with any more.

As I previously said, it KINDA fits in my mogul holster, but because it's thinner, it rocks back and forth a little.
Velcor is totally gay. I used to wear slacks only at my previous job and my Mogul and PPC-6700 and Treo 650 and Treo 600 fit just fine in them. I wear shorts all the time now and my Mogul and this phone fit just fine. I guess since I am not a cowboy my pockets are larger...
Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Those are really nice cases. I got a Krusell case for the GSM version of the Touch Pro & it doesn't fit the CDMA version. The CDMA touch pro is a tad longer though Phone arena claims they're the same size http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...e-pc_2846.html
Old 10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
The OEM Touch Pro case is a total piece of garbage. I put some magnets up to my Touch Pro, including the strong one in the OEM Touch case. Right up to the side of the Touch Pro, the magnet was even sticking to the phone. But it never even once powered up the Touch Pro. I even put a powerful old HDD magnet up to it and it didn't power it up.

So the decision by HTC to use velcro was completely a cost savings decision. The bottom of the case is almost completely open, with a pretty bizarre elastic pattern. I would guess they made it that way to accomodate other phones.

This case is barely protective and feels so cheap. Makes the old Touch case feel luxurious. Will be hunting for a better third party case. Just wanted others know that getting a case with magnet closure won't pose a problem.

-Ed
Did your Motorolla RAZR come with a case? I thought not. Stop *****ing, you bought a phone, not a luxury sedan. Buy a case from somewhere else like the rest of the phone users or make due with what the gave you. Geeze, next people are going to say the headphones suck or hey the box it came is looks like crap.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:38 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

I believe they moved away from the magnetic clip case because of the magnetic sensitivity of the TP. It can cause the phone to wake up. I would have preferred some other method of attachment than velcro myself. I may just try my old Mogul magnetic case and see how often it wakes it up.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I believe they moved away from the magnetic clip case because of the magnetic sensitivity of the TP. It can cause the phone to wake up. I would have preferred some other method of attachment than velcro myself. I may just try my old Mogul magnetic case and see how often it wakes it up.
This I agree with, I used to have slight problems with my 6700 and 6800 and the magnetic case. Velcro is just cheesy, though I didn't buy the phone for that...
Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G baby!

bwillet is a n00b

I'm using the Touch case for my Diamond with no issue whatsoever. Was very careful to try it out from all angles and make sure the magnet didn't emulate a stylus removal, and couldn' t make it happen. FWIW.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro