PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdjdesi View Post
Has anyone tried the black phone cover that is sold by sprint?
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...oryID=ZCH6855R
Yeah, I bought it, but returned it. It made the TP too thick to put in my pocket and if I used the belt clip, I don't like how the screen is facing out all the time. It did make the TP seem more "durable".

If your local Sprint store has one, you can buy one, and return it if you don't like it.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I own that. I wear loose and baggy jeans so it fits just fine in my pocket and protects the phone. It feels great in the hand too. I don't use the belt clip due to it facing out. It is hard to feel it vibrate though but that is true without the case too.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
I own that. I wear loose and baggy jeans so it fits just fine in my pocket and protects the phone. It feels great in the hand too. I don't use the belt clip due to it facing out. It is hard to feel it vibrate though but that is true without the case too.
Yea i agree....im starting to like it more but there are some times that i have a hard time pressing around the edges of the phone with my finger
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul PPC6800

mfdengineer is a n00b

Quote:
I have to agree with most everyone else. I do like the cover as it protects the phone well, and it looks like it can absorb a little shock in the event that it gets dropped. The biggest complaint that I have is that it adds to the overheating problem, as the case insulates the phone and retains the heat. I stream my xm radio service frequently in my car and the phone stops charging within 10-15 minutes of streaming. I have to cool it over the ac vent to keep it charging. HTC really needs to address this overheating and charging issue!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i am also using the sprint case.... gives a great feel to the phone... nice grip... adds a little bulk ... but if u want good protection on the phone u will have to compensate some bulkiness.... i dont use the clip either that it comes with .. i place it in a side holster case or throw in pocket.... the only downfall is that it makes the screen recessed.... making it harder to tap the cornor buttons.. also allot of dust and stuff gets stuck in those areas

seidio is releasing there cases for the touchpro.. they are slimmer which is nice but i think the case by sprint woudl provide more protection... that case will never come off... the seidio one is more of a cheap plastic coated with a rubber film... one drop and the case pops off... i have no experience with the ones for the touch pro but i always had issues with the case on my treo 755.. also the phone always popped out of those holsters....that clip on top would get stuck on things

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2759
Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I lost the stylus. Down to my last one. Where can I pick up more? Otherwise I will get a pen stylus and use that.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
i am also using the sprint case.... gives a great feel to the phone... nice grip... adds a little bulk ... but if u want good protection on the phone u will have to compensate some bulkiness.... i dont use the clip either that it comes with .. i place it in a side holster case or throw in pocket.... the only downfall is that it makes the screen recessed.... making it harder to tap the cornor buttons.. also allot of dust and stuff gets stuck in those areas

seidio is releasing there cases for the touchpro.. they are slimmer which is nice but i think the case by sprint woudl provide more protection... that case will never come off... the seidio one is more of a cheap plastic coated with a rubber film... one drop and the case pops off... i have no experience with the ones for the touch pro but i always had issues with the case on my treo 755.. also the phone always popped out of those holsters....that clip on top would get stuck on things

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2759

I just bought the sprint case yesterday and I think I will be returning it. I really don't feel like it is worth the $25. I have seen similar ones online for like $10 (shipped). I will check the quality on them for sure on weds when I go home for thanksgiving because my sister bought one.

Sprint Case
Pros:
- Durable
- adds nice grip

Cons:
- BULKY
- Belt clip cheap doesnt click in easily
- Seems to abstruct my sliding keyboard a bit
- Recessed screen for same reason stated above
- The rubber coating is peeling on mine already.
- Did I mention Bulky, because my phone is truly a rubber covered brick now. -100 sexiness points

It seems like a cheap Bodyglove knock off. Again, I will test the cheap one my sister bought soon and I may be ordering the seido one also.

I also tried the Invisible Shield (http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php) and was not impressed. I think its a great product but not the best for the TP. The way the TP is made results in like 10 individual pieces to cover the phone and still leaves some parts exposed as well as giving the phone a weird texture. It took me a while to put it on and I (despite my best efforts) got fingerprints on the adhesive side (yes, I sprayed my fingers ALOT) resulting in spots that perminately look sticky. (It looks like i spilled syrup on it.) It would probably work better on the Diamond since there is no sliding keyboard. Definitely will give some added protection with minimal bulk, I will probably order one for y digital camera.

If anyone knows a case with moderate protection but slim enough to fit in the belt pouch (or Mogul pouch since it's a lil bigger) still that'd be great!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo

kessomatt is just getting started

So I bought this cradle, someone had posted an ebay link awhile back. It fits perfectly, and charges a second battery. I got it for 34 shipped. Has an audio out port too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160298380816
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0128.JPG (714.1 KB, 128 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kessomatt; 11-24-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pro

pooka16 is starting in the wrong direction

does anyone know if the htc official docks on expansys fit the touch pro sprint version?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2008, 07:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC Evo™ 4G====>!!!
Carrier: The Now Network™

sbux_jae is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessomatt View Post
So I bought this cradle, someone had posted an ebay link awhile back. It fits perfectly, and charges a second battery. I got it for 34 shipped. Has an audio out port too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160298380816
How long did you wait for the item?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro