PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
The hole in the bottom is for being able to easily push the phone out of the case with your finger and take it out one handed. That's part of why I don't have problems with the tight fit right now. If you don't have the lowered side like I do, you'll absolutely need the bottom "push" hole. It will be very difficult to remove from the case otherwise, even with a looser fit.

As for the lowered side, I often use my Touch Pro tethered with my Tablet PC on the go. I use a compact retractable USB cable, so it allows me to be able to walk around with my Tablet PC in my hands, with the thing USB cable connected to my Touch Pro which is on my belt. I'm right handed so, I usually hold my Tablet PC in my left hand, so the lowered side is facing front, when I wear the case on my left side of my belt. Geeky and practical.

-Ed
That sounds incredibly geeky but so damned cool!

So the leather really is that tight, huh? I guess I'll add 1.5 cm on all their dimensions.

Also, do you think they would be able to cut off the leather where you did, but continue it up to the top after the USB port?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
That sounds incredibly geeky but so damned cool!

So the leather really is that tight, huh? I guess I'll add 1.5 cm on all their dimensions.
Yes, it's quite tight brand new, but stretching it a bit breaks in the leather and then it fits like a glove. Depends how you like your fit, glove tight, or baggy loose. I prefer a tight fit. Well, as in I don't want my phone flopping around in it's case.

Quote:
Also, do you think they would be able to cut off the leather where you did, but continue it up to the top after the USB port?
You mean have a hole instead, where you have material above the USB port area, or a flap, that folds down? I have the lowered side so that I can be able to put it into the case while I have a USB cable plugged in. Otherwise it's impossible to tether and put it in and out of the case. For just charging, you would just need a hole, and I'm sure they'd be able to do a hole.

-Ed
Old 12-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: The Best
Carrier: The Worst

jasperppc is just getting started

I received the corrected BoxWave screen protectors for the CDMA Touch Pro. The old version was pulled about a week after the Sprint TP came out, because of fit issues.

This corrected version fits very well. All the cut outs are in the right location, and the size and fitting are great.

BoxWave protectors are a hard smooth plastic that looks and feels like the actual screen itself. These protectors only cover the front (screen and D-Pad), so they're a great accessory even if you a case.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperppc View Post
I received the corrected BoxWave screen protectors for the CDMA Touch Pro. The old version was pulled about a week after the Sprint TP came out, because of fit issues.

This corrected version fits very well. All the cut outs are in the right location, and the size and fitting are great.

BoxWave protectors are a hard smooth plastic that looks and feels like the actual screen itself. These protectors only cover the front (screen and D-Pad), so they're a great accessory even if you a case.
good to know the ones I have now are horrible. I'll call boxwave to hopefully get mine replaced.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 12-05-2008, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

are people just using a holster case with no skin on the device... is the armor guard said to be better then invisible shield....? i heard many people here buying them but never got any reviews...
Old 12-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

I just bought the spring clip case.
They sent it out 3 days early.
I'm going to be so bummed if i don't like it. =*(

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 12-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok I am going Snow skiing over Christmas and I want to have a good water resistant Case for my phone. I have not found anything like what I want. I would like to have something that would be easy to get the phone out for pictures etc but the pouches that are waterproof are a pain. I need Ideas!! Help me ppcgeeks world. - .
Old 12-06-2008, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryan07 is just getting started

I bought the extended battery from Seidio. Don't waste your money. It last the same if not less then the battery that came with the TP. $30 down the drain.

I also ordered the TP Invisible Shield and haven't put it on. My boss got one too and it looks like crap. Doesn't cover most of the scratchable chrome and the back cover is slotted to allow the wrap around. Also a bad investment.

Apologies if these have been covered but I just jumped in here and haven't read the whole thread.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan07 View Post
I bought the extended battery from Seidio. Don't waste your money. It last the same if not less then the battery that came with the TP. $30 down the drain.

I also ordered the TP Invisible Shield and haven't put it on. My boss got one too and it looks like crap. Doesn't cover most of the scratchable chrome and the back cover is slotted to allow the wrap around. Also a bad investment.

Apologies if these have been covered but I just jumped in here and haven't read the whole thread.
There was a big thread about the Seidio batteries not lasting any longer than stock batteries for several past Pocket PC's in the past. Was a pretty heated thread, but there were a few members that put the issue to bed by posting more "scientific" results by doing tests with programs like Nuepower and other battery meters.

-Ed
Old 12-06-2008, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryan07 is just getting started

The Seidio I got for the Mogul was outstanding. It drastically increased my battery life. That's why I was hopeful.

The website shows a mega extended battery something coming out soon, but I wouldn't want to have it increase the dimensions just for an extra 30 minutes.

Lesson learned.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro