PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planoleg View Post
I think I found what I was looking for, but if someone who understands video intup/output could confirm, it would be great. I want to connect my monitor directly to my TP with the cable that I plug into my video card. I found these two cables. Will they work?
http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=170917
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us
You would need something like this I'm guessing:

So I THINK that would work.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

BPHusker is a n00b

Has anyone bought the 3-in-1 USB Adapter that I have linked below? How is it? I have seen one like this and then one that is a rectangle. Is one better than the other? Whats the cheapest I can get it for?

Old 01-31-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cynicalslacker is becoming a great contributor

Ok, just to post a quick review, I purchased the black innocase + holster. This is my first ppc as I came from a razr and only heard of seidio from this website. The case + holster is amazing. Ive used it for only one day but I keep touching it more then I did my last girlfriend (probably why I have gf problems) and Im in love with it. I was hesitant to put 50 dollars on it but a lot of people on the forum say you get what you pay for and I definitely agree with this product. One definite plus about the item is the holster BLOCKS where the stylus falls out so it cant randomly just disappear out of my pocket anymore.

I actually bought it off ebay by searching sprint touch pro seidio and theres a reseller of seidio products and it was about 7-9 dollars cheaper with shipping etc to buy it from him then seidioonline. I believe his store is called eMobile in Hand and I got it in 3 days from TX to VA

Just my 2 cents
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kid_29 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to kid_29

Will any of my Mogul accessories work with the TP
6800Mogul
Got Me A TouchPro
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_29 View Post
Will any of my Mogul accessories work with the TP
Your headphones, holster, cables, charger, and USB adapter.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalslacker View Post
Ok, just to post a quick review, I purchased the black innocase + holster. This is my first ppc as I came from a razr and only heard of seidio from this website. The case + holster is amazing. Ive used it for only one day but I keep touching it more then I did my last girlfriend (probably why I have gf problems) and Im in love with it. I was hesitant to put 50 dollars on it but a lot of people on the forum say you get what you pay for and I definitely agree with this product. One definite plus about the item is the holster BLOCKS where the stylus falls out so it cant randomly just disappear out of my pocket anymore.

I actually bought it off ebay by searching sprint touch pro seidio and theres a reseller of seidio products and it was about 7-9 dollars cheaper with shipping etc to buy it from him then seidioonline. I believe his store is called eMobile in Hand and I got it in 3 days from TX to VA

Just my 2 cents
thanks for the tip! how much wiggle room does the phone have in the leather holster? i currently have a cheap $8 plastic hard case and using my old Mogul's holster and it holds it very tight which is annoying. Looking for somethin with a little more wiggle room but still able to slide it easily.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
thanks for the tip! how much wiggle room does the phone have in the leather holster? i currently have a cheap $8 plastic hard case and using my old Mogul's holster and it holds it very tight which is annoying. Looking for somethin with a little more wiggle room but still able to slide it easily.
I took lots of pics of the Seidio Innocase in their leather holster. [check page 101. Here are 2:

Old 02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

wow! thanks i totally forgot about those pictures, i saw them a few weeks ago at work but forgot to check again when i got home! perfect pictures

one question though, the second picture with the innocase on and in the holster, it looks like it's a tight fit and the holster is bulging a bit. is there a lot of friction or resistance when putting the phone in and taking it out?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
wow! thanks i totally forgot about those pictures, i saw them a few weeks ago at work but forgot to check again when i got home! perfect pictures

one question though, the second picture with the innocase on and in the holster, it looks like it's a tight fit and the holster is bulging a bit. is there a lot of friction or resistance when putting the phone in and taking it out?
It's just the normal bulge of the leather case. There is less resistance when you put the phone in the middle
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

I bit the bullet and purchased the Spare battery charger from Cellphoneshop.net since it was only 4.88 (its been on a last day sale for almost 2 weeks now) and gave it a try. I don't have a full review yet as it is currently charging now, but wanted to post a few pictures and my initial thoughts.

(Here is a link to the item: http://www.cellphoneshop.net/debachforhtc1.html)
From the site:
Quote:
  • Compatible with HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro.
  • Suitable for charging a spare battery.
  • Power up a spare battery so you're always ready to go.
  • Buit-in multi-protection circuits.
  • Work with original power cord from your cell phone. Power cord is not included.
I'd like to firstly point out IT DOES NOT WORK WITH YOUR ORIGINAL POWER CORD! It has no spot for a mini-USB plug, only the AC plugin and a standard USB port (the end you'd have plugged in to your computer, "A" plug). This is false advertising and if it doesn't work, I may be contacting them to return it.

Anywho, you can see the attached pictures. This is made and sent from hong kong and it did take almost 2 weeks to receive it (standard shipping was 4.99). The build quality of the device is poor like with a lot of cheap cell phone accessories and as you can see in one of the pictures, the USB port that I wont use anyway is barely even in the device.

There is a red charging indicator, I am not sure yet if it will turn any other color when the item is done charging, but I doubt it just based off of the quality I've seen so far. Hopefully it does not damage the battery.

Another item of note, you can see the Output ratings on the device. It is set to output 350mA +/- 50mA. The standard HTC charger outputs 1A or 1000mA of charge. From what I know about chargers, I believe that will just take it longer to charge the battery than your standard HTC charger.

Pictures are below. If it charges a spare battery even in twice to 3 times the time but doesn't damage it, it still won't be a bad deal for the $10 including shipping that I spent on it. Time will tell as I have it charging up a fully dead battery now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00765.jpg (49.2 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC00766.jpg (55.7 KB, 77 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC00767.jpg (54.8 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC00768.jpg (42.1 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro