View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Matt
Regular 'Geeker

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

I bit the bullet and purchased the Spare battery charger from Cellphoneshop.net since it was only 4.88 (its been on a last day sale for almost 2 weeks now) and gave it a try. I don't have a full review yet as it is currently charging now, but wanted to post a few pictures and my initial thoughts.

(Here is a link to the item: http://www.cellphoneshop.net/debachforhtc1.html)
From the site:
Quote:
  • Compatible with HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro.
  • Suitable for charging a spare battery.
  • Power up a spare battery so you're always ready to go.
  • Buit-in multi-protection circuits.
  • Work with original power cord from your cell phone. Power cord is not included.
I'd like to firstly point out IT DOES NOT WORK WITH YOUR ORIGINAL POWER CORD! It has no spot for a mini-USB plug, only the AC plugin and a standard USB port (the end you'd have plugged in to your computer, "A" plug). This is false advertising and if it doesn't work, I may be contacting them to return it.

Anywho, you can see the attached pictures. This is made and sent from hong kong and it did take almost 2 weeks to receive it (standard shipping was 4.99). The build quality of the device is poor like with a lot of cheap cell phone accessories and as you can see in one of the pictures, the USB port that I wont use anyway is barely even in the device.

There is a red charging indicator, I am not sure yet if it will turn any other color when the item is done charging, but I doubt it just based off of the quality I've seen so far. Hopefully it does not damage the battery.

Another item of note, you can see the Output ratings on the device. It is set to output 350mA +/- 50mA. The standard HTC charger outputs 1A or 1000mA of charge. From what I know about chargers, I believe that will just take it longer to charge the battery than your standard HTC charger.

Pictures are below. If it charges a spare battery even in twice to 3 times the time but doesn't damage it, it still won't be a bad deal for the $10 including shipping that I spent on it. Time will tell as I have it charging up a fully dead battery now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00765.jpg (49.2 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC00766.jpg (55.7 KB, 77 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC00767.jpg (54.8 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC00768.jpg (42.1 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!