PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
What did that set you back Sauman?
$39.99-%10 coupon= $35 free shipping
Old 01-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

ok... gonna go insane here...

why the HELL is the GSM version the only one to get a nice griping case that also covers the front hardware buttons with a plastic overlay??? SERIOUSLY... I cannot find (and 4 hours off and on of Google did nothing to ease my anger) a nice grip case for my HTC Touch Pro CDMA (Sprint) phone with the plastic guard for the Home/Back/GPhone/RPhone (answer/hangup for those not understanding) like the GSM version cases!!!!!!!!!

GOD this is enough to make me go to sleep... and u know what... I am.. (please feel free to prove me wrong on this... anyone? )
Old 01-09-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Tibman is becoming a great contributor

So in other words, the TP is a big phone that many compare to a brick to begin with and by adding any kind of case you are effectively Turing the TP into a brick.

By the way I use my TP as a Wi-Fi hotspot in my apartment and the internet is blazing fast, unfortunately so is my TP, Blazing hot!

So wouldn't adding an extra layer of silicon insulation or a plastic case make it even hotter?
Not to mention that all of the docking cradles I have seen on eBay and have read about on PPCGeeks are a tight fit without adding extra fat, so any kind of case would ruin your option of using a cradle,
no thank you!

Me personally, I went to a company called GadgetGuardz, they installed a clear plastic film over my entire phone. I have dropped it lightly and no damage.

I am not willing to throw it at the cement to test how strong it is but I am sure that even with the silicon case you cant curb stomp your TP and expect it to still surf the net.

Also I just purchased a cradle from ebay for $20 and free shipping, will let you know what I think about it.
They had deals for a cradle with an extra battery included for $30 but I am thinking for that price it is some cheap Chinese clone, I dont want to put a low quality battery in my TP and have it explode, maybe you feel differently.

By the way I think the people who take the time to create amazing roms should get more credit than they do. I want to thank you all for being so helpful!=D>

http://attr-search.ebay.com/search/s...=32%26fsoo%3D2
Old 01-10-2009, 03:13 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i just found my old 6700 dock.... and i carved off the edge and the little post and viola i have a half-a$$ed tp dock
Old 01-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Lurker

shadowfire is a n00b

Went looking through this thread, and only found a few links, with little in stock.

The stock screen protector that came with my touch pro is already falling off (I think I got some dust under it). What is a good replacement? Will the ZAGG Diamond protector work? I'm sure the total phone one won't, but what about the screen-only one? Other ideas?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC/Vz Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

Big Calhoun is a n00b

I recently got my Innocase and screen guards from Seidio for the VzW TP.

The case seems to be pretty sturdy and attach well. I like the rubbery feel of it. Since I usually just keep my phone in my pocket, it works well for my needs.

I was equally satisfied with the screen guards. They fit perfectly and were very easy to install. No change to touch screen or gesture functions. Very easy to clean with a few swipes of a micro-fiber cloth.

I think I'm going to pickup a car charger from them.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:40 PM
N00b

enter260 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfire View Post
Went looking through this thread, and only found a few links, with little in stock.

The stock screen protector that came with my touch pro is already falling off (I think I got some dust under it). What is a good replacement? Will the ZAGG Diamond protector work? I'm sure the total phone one won't, but what about the screen-only one? Other ideas?
why even consider the diamond version when zagg offers the TP version?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Seido spring clip still working great if anyone was wondering.
And it still looks brand new even though I've been pretty rough with it!

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
By the way I use my TP as a Wi-Fi hotspot in my apartment and the internet is blazing fast, unfortunately so is my TP, Blazing hot!
Off topic, but how do you use it as a hotspot?
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

neoshi is just getting started

we need some sort of review thread here where we post a pic, short description, price, method of procurement, and review by end user so that we can all gauge the quality and value of our options. we this sort of thing for airsoft and you could look up your product by name, and there'd be a list of reviews, pictures, prices, locations of sale. was good to find the popular and reliable items. searching through this 100 page (soon +) thread is rather daunting, especially if i'm just trying to find out if i should buy the innocase or not.. and if ebay pickings are any good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro