PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: Any good sites for docks and accessories yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshi View Post
we need some sort of review thread here where we post a pic, short description, price, method of procurement, and review by end user so that we can all gauge the quality and value of our options. we this sort of thing for airsoft and you could look up your product by name, and there'd be a list of reviews, pictures, prices, locations of sale. was good to find the popular and reliable items. searching through this 100 page (soon +) thread is rather daunting, especially if i'm just trying to find out if i should buy the innocase or not.. and if ebay pickings are any good.

I dont think we need another thread for that. We need some thread Maintaince. There alot of prices and reviews posted already

Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

neoshi is just getting started

well it's not like a thread that everyone posts into.. here let me show you what i mean..

disclaimer: this is a link to an airsoft website, showing a bb gun review database. if such things offend you, do not visit the link. thank you

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/
Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

webazoid is a n00b

anyone know of a good case/belt clip for the touch pro? the 1000 posts are impossible to read through for me.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

levelbest is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by webazoid View Post
anyone know of a good case/belt clip for the touch pro? the 1000 posts are impossible to read through for me.
I have a lightly used belt clip and genuine htc docking station (the shiny one) that I'd like to sell - since I had to return the phone. The belt clip is a perfect fit and was posted in this thread. It's the top pic - the bottom is the one that came with it. PM me if interested.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

prochobo is a n00b

Here's my review on the InvisibleSHIELD for the Touch Pro

However, I think I'm going to ditch the InvisibleSHIELD and opt for a silicon case. The problem with the InvisibleSHIELD is that it does not cover the front chrome trim. My phone fell out of my lap as I was getting out of the car (had to happen eventually) and the phone landed face down on the concrete from about 2 feet up. All 4 corners of the chrome on the front are chipped pretty badly
Old 01-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Lurker

ifreewillie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
Here's my review on the InvisibleSHIELD for the Touch Pro

However, I think I'm going to ditch the InvisibleSHIELD and opt for a silicon case. The problem with the InvisibleSHIELD is that it does not cover the front chrome trim. My phone fell out of my lap as I was getting out of the car (had to happen eventually) and the phone landed face down on the concrete from about 2 feet up. All 4 corners of the chrome on the front are chipped pretty badly
Thanks for the review and photos, and sorry about your phone.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

just grabbed a motorola motorokr bluetooth to fm transmitter, I have to say it is the best fm transmitter I have ever used. it automatically scans for available channels, and has buttons for play/pause, next track, previous track, and answer phone. lightweight, hangs nicely on the visor, and has a microphone for hands free operation. really helps get rid of wires in the ole automobile.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I just got a Seidio Innocase and Horizontal Leather Case

Here are some pictures I took. Some of them are a bit dark, sorry about that. I overestimated the natural lighting!

When I opened the box, I examined the Innocase. It felt light, but the interior is made of a hard plastic. It's quite interesting, because the exterior is a soft rubber material.

Installing the Innocase was simple. All I needed to do was make sure I didn't install it upside down! The parts just slide onto the phone. The bottom part of the case has VERY SMALL tabs [2 on each side] that grip between the keyboard. They are small enough that I couldn't picture them, and that they do not put stress on the phone hinge.

The case is pretty thin. The site says 1mm, and it doesn't make the phone much thicker at all. All the corners are covered [except for the stylus corner, but the case makes the stylus a bit recessed, so there won't be damage if it falls]

Once I had it installed, it felt solid. Its hard to describe how the case feels... It's soft, yet thephone feels secured.

The Seidio Holster also has an excelent build quality

The leather looks very sleek, and 'SEIDIO' is imprinted on the cover. The interior has the same leather that was on the outside. However, between the interior and exterior there seems to be a sturdy yet slightly flexible material.

One thing I did notice was that the holster is a tad large. This is probably due to the fact that Seidio designed it to fit with the Innocase on the phone. If you do not have the Innocase on the phone, it slides right in, but stays secured. Even though it isn't as tight as the crappy stock Sprint holster, the phone stays secured.

Length-wise, there is quite a bit of extra space in the case. It's not much but reducing every millimeter helps.

Pics WITHOUT INNOCASE:

Pics WITH INNOCASE:

Overall, I think the Innocase is DEFINITELY worth the price, and the holster could come down in price a bit. The build quality of both products is excellent, and the appearance is no less than the quality. You can also get different colors for the innocase, so you can match your style.

Last edited by [sammich]; 01-14-2009 at 06:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

neoshi is just getting started

Great stuff! I just ordered mine from that Seidio ebay dealer yesterday. Saves you about $5. Didn't get the leather case though, as I wanted to try it in the stock HTC case first (I also use a Tune Belt Arm Band Holster most of the time, screen fits PERFECTLY [this is the model for PDAs that is pictured with a MOTO Q inside]). I hope this case doesn't help fry the CPU faster, as my phone is already burning hot after browsing the web.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshi View Post
we need some sort of review thread here where we post a pic, short description, price, method of procurement, and review by end user so that we can all gauge the quality and value of our options. we this sort of thing for airsoft and you could look up your product by name, and there'd be a list of reviews, pictures, prices, locations of sale. was good to find the popular and reliable items. searching through this 100 page (soon +) thread is rather daunting, especially if i'm just trying to find out if i should buy the innocase or not.. and if ebay pickings are any good.
you can use my wiki! sign up and add content! It's in my signature

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro