PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro owners... what don't you like about it?

i would think with a name like touch it would be more finger orientated, but i have to give the iphone props still on that
Old 10-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Stiff D Pad, liked old contacts better.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What I read in this post said it all for me:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ded#post475728

"I got the TP this morning and so far today I have mixed feelings. They added more than I could ever ask for when it comes to the upgrade from my mogul, and then took away more than I could have feared.

We needed more memory, but 288mb was overshoot, for WM6.1 we only needed 144mb or somewhere in-between (all that extra RAM is burning power as we speak).

I admit, a higher resolution was needed. But, while qvga was too low, vga is too high! Applications such as googlemaps, which are now required to fill four times more pixels, wind up studdering when trying to scroll. But at least this I understand, there really is nothing between qvga and vga; so this I don't mind too much, just rewrite googlemaps to pixel double or something and everyone will be happy.

But also important is what the designers took away.

While the mogul had too many LEDs, the TP has none! No indicators whatsoever to notify you of a missed call, voicemail, or e-mail. Or so it seems since there are white LEDs around the Dpad, but they are not given as an option (so this might be fixable).

While the mogul had too many buttons, more than anyone could have thought useful, the TP has no buttons to spare whatsoever. And the buttons it does have are often the wrong ones (though I hear they will be customizable by the right app)."

My feelings exactly. I've decided to stick with the Mogul, and keep ordering replacements as needed, until the right thing comes along. Enjoy your phones, folks. Maybe I'll see you on the forum for the next great thing (or back in the Mogul forum from time to time, or here out of curiousity), but for now, I don't see this as a net gain. I don't think I'd take a TP in an even trade at this point, since I don't want to have to start dealing with patches and fixes all over again. I've have them all done for almost a year on the Mogul, and every time I need a replacement unit, I just restore my backup, and I'm good to go. It was fun and challenging going through it once, I just don't want to do it again, though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post
Stiff D Pad, liked old contacts better.
I love the stiff d-pad. at least I can navigate without calling someone or winding up on the home screen like my diamond use to do.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Manilla crashes when scrolling through pictures from a microsd card.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700->Mogul->Touch Pro

Jact is a n00b

Trying to get used to fewer buttons, really missing the scroll wheel. Need to get used to the keyboard as well, I keep hitting caps lock instead of the a. Navigation just seems to take longer to get where I need to go, compared to the mogul.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700->Mogul->Touch Pro

Jact is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
Manilla crashes when scrolling through pictures from a microsd card.
This is caused by pictures that were taken by other devices, was happening on mine until I removed all of the pics taken from my Mogul
Old 10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu

I don't know about you guys, but this thing is worlds above the Mogul...remember having ~24MB at startup..try 125+ now lol.

Granted, it will take some time to get used to everything. The screen is amazing too.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:26 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

that hddsdasdd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
My feelings exactly. I've decided to stick with the Mogul, and keep ordering replacements as needed, until the right thing comes along. Enjoy your phones, folks. Maybe I'll see you on the forum for the next great thing (or back in the Mogul forum from time to time, or here out of curiousity), but for now, I don't see this as a net gain. I don't think I'd take a TP in an even trade at this point, since I don't want to have to start dealing with patches and fixes all over again. I've have them all done for almost a year on the Mogul, and every time I need a replacement unit, I just restore my backup, and I'm good to go. It was fun and challenging going through it once, I just don't want to do it again, though.
I'm sorry, but there's just no way in Hell I'd go back to my mogul. I have done basically everything, from going to every DCD ROM, loading the recent radio's, to updating all the HardSPL that came out there's no way the Mogul, in its best ROM/ Radio can get even close to what a TP can out of the box. I will admit, there's a few things that annoy me, the LED notifications is one of them, and some of the buttons missing, but after 2 days I have already gotten used to the new set-up and am doing bigger things. in 2 days there's been big developments that took months to come out with in the Mogul. Some of the big names have learned a lot with the Mogul that it is easy to do things such as ROM, Radio and Hard SPL updates for this phone. I can only see this phone getting better as I'm so happy with it now, it's not even funny. I have yet to have to do a soft reset because the phone became unresponsive, I have yet to go over 60% of RAM usage, and if I ever got board of the TF3D, I could just disable it, and use my old SPB stuff. Still, this phone executes programs faster, I hear a lot better with the fixes they have release recently, and the overall feel of the phone fits my lifestyle way better then the Mogul has ever did!
Old 10-25-2008, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

riphamilton is just getting started

i'm pretty sure i'm going back to my mogul too, especially if the extrom on the TP isn't unlocked soon. the TP is way too much of a disney phone with animations/youtube/etc. the mogul is much more about substance, not style.

opera is awful if you're looking to do something quick, and the old htc 3-button home plugin does everything fine - i'm sorry, i don't need to look at 'photos and videos' from the home screen. the screen looks incredible, but even that poses a problem - a lot of programs look awful in the higher resolution.

there are only 2 things i really like about this phone: voice command works perfectly, and there is actually a dollar sign ($) on the hardware keyboard.

i'll try to keep an open mind over the next few weeks, but i'm 90% sure i'll just get a replacement mogul and sell this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
What I read in this post said it all for me:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ded#post475728

"I got the TP this morning and so far today I have mixed feelings. They added more than I could ever ask for when it comes to the upgrade from my mogul, and then took away more than I could have feared.

We needed more memory, but 288mb was overshoot, for WM6.1 we only needed 144mb or somewhere in-between (all that extra RAM is burning power as we speak).

I admit, a higher resolution was needed. But, while qvga was too low, vga is too high! Applications such as googlemaps, which are now required to fill four times more pixels, wind up studdering when trying to scroll. But at least this I understand, there really is nothing between qvga and vga; so this I don't mind too much, just rewrite googlemaps to pixel double or something and everyone will be happy.

But also important is what the designers took away.

While the mogul had too many LEDs, the TP has none! No indicators whatsoever to notify you of a missed call, voicemail, or e-mail. Or so it seems since there are white LEDs around the Dpad, but they are not given as an option (so this might be fixable).

While the mogul had too many buttons, more than anyone could have thought useful, the TP has no buttons to spare whatsoever. And the buttons it does have are often the wrong ones (though I hear they will be customizable by the right app)."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro